Sign in to follow this  
ambivalentzombie

HELP YA'LL

Ah... A woman with a gun and a glass of whiskey... Nothing strikes fear in a man faster... hahahaha!

Bah, that's nothing. My girl can:

Out shoot most men

Makes her own booze

And

(are you ready?)

Wears shoes! :laf:

Just kidding, just kidding. ;)

She once busted a martini glass on me...

...just to add a little crunch to the olive.

Edited by baubel

As far as alandia goes, noone sells more fake stuff then they do, and thats not to say they are a bad vendor, (much better than before when they pushed the thujone hype and therefore are people who were willing to pray on the ignorant and thats not someone worthy of doing business with in my book) but because they sell so much fake stuff it is important for us to tell people to beware when buying from them to make sure they are getting a proper absinthe. And alandia is not up there on my suggested vendors list because you will have to spend so much on shipping alone. The vendors I suggest offer free shipping and therefore give you more for your money.

And

(are you ready?)

Wears shoes! :laf:

Just kidding, just kidding. ;)

Ha, I knew it.

She does not wear shoes. :laugh:

Your points are all well taken m.a. But I have to ask: Why does the WS allow an ad for fake absinthe (Absente) on the hompage? Isn't this in fact promoting fake absinthe? It just seems quite contradictory to me. :devil:

The ads aren't under our control, although we continually try to edit the hotwords so that it filters out as much of that as possible.

And to further add to the Alandia discussion, the reason why it wasn't added on the recommended vendors list is both due to the amount of crappy products and also the history of making misleading comments about thujone.

While Alandia has certainly made lots of progress regarding thujone marketing, the product choice is still objectionable. I fully support additional efforts by Mike to improve his selection and his marketing. It's possible that, in time, Alandia might be added. But it might take some time. I understand that it would be very hard to cut products from the site and thereby cut out a certain amount of profit from the people who look to buy those types of products, but that's what it takes, since we can't in good conscience support a site that offers so many products that employ false advertising, even if Alandia itself, as the retailer doesn't employ the same.

I'm also flabbergasted that anything in this or any other thread has made our new friend cry. Perhaps a few things that were posted were misconstrued as more cruel than they were intended to be. But I simply don't see them. Maybe it's because after being here for so long, I know more about the people who are making the posts, and can more correctly ascertain their tone while posting.

I've seen a few comments that certainly imply some level of frustration, and I can certainly understand that, given we've now gone more than 4 pages without pulling the trigger on an order. But I don't think that's anything to get really upset about.

The ads aren't under our control, although we continually try to edit the hotwords so that it filters out as much of that as possible.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Brian. Your answer makes perfect sense :thumbup:

As far absinthe goes, I want a pretty green, not yellow or blue, a nice slow louche that makes it a shame to drink, I want the smell to knock down a sailor, but not scare off martha stewart, add sugar so it doesnt taste like toliet hooch or the bear that talks about forest fires--- if I wanted to taste nature, I'll go eat a pine cone. I want the bottle to be something I can tolerate looking at drunk, or better yet, looking at sober, I want to be able to drink it in the morning or at night, I don't want it to taste like I'm swallowing toothpaste, and I don't want it to burn soo much that it comes right back up. Anything else I can tolerate. I can stand anything that will put me in a good mood. But the better it tastes to me, the easier it is for me to drink it without pinching my nose. Is that too picky??

Didn't mean to cause such a firestorm. I was merely voicing my frustration at the continuing interest shown in obtaining what are considered inferior products. Given the road some of us have endured in the past, you have a much easier one to travel. Who you order from, and where you live, will determine who makes your delivery. Some will come via the brown truck, some will be via your friendly local postal carrier. The choices of Perroquet, Jade (any and all of them), and Pacifique are all good choices; as are either of DP's products. Also, keep in mind that any verte in a clear bottle will need to be stored in the dark. Unless you happen to consume it at a rate the tongue wagging clown does.

ok, ok, I do not wear shoes. I will admit it. hahaha! Even in winter the best I'll do is flipflops. I also can outshoot most men and enjoy target practice on a daily basis but I can't make booze, so she's got me there, Joe. But can she make booze barefoot? heehee

As far as four pages with no order, I don't see anything wrong with that... I like talking about it, and learning about it, so it's easy for me to talk about it all day--everyday. Its enthusiasm, anyone who's passionate about what their talking about can always come up with something to add to the subject. Like I said before, I already made my decision on what I'm ordering. I actually think we're ordering it tonight.

techdriver, you and a couple others were taking out your frustraition on me. That's what upsets me. The only point I was trying to make is that just because 10 people don't like the way one thing tastes, 10 more may enjoy it. And if you get frustraited with what I'm saying enough to call me a trouble-maker (or, "troll"), maybe you shouldn't reply, or maybe take a break from my posts then reply later. Maybe I just have a lot more tolerance and patience because I spend all day with a 3 year old, I don't know.

Yeah, Brian, I cried. May be a little stupid, but I can't help feeling embarassed, unliked and just plain hurt when strangers get huffy because I talk about a crappy brand, or a website that people don't like. I don't know why anyone would join a group just to be what is called "a troll"... It's just like m.a. discribed, it would be like a teacher getting frustraited with a student who didnt understand or asked a lot of questions. Or as I like to say, don't be a teacher if you don't like kids.

Edited by ambivalentzombie

Maybe it's because after being here for so long, I know more about the people who are making the posts, and can more correctly ascertain their tone while posting.

But it happens. ;)

Or as I like to say, don't be a teacher if you don't like kids.

Someone tell my Tish that, please.

seriously, she professes not to have any fondness for rug monkeys, and yet she's one hell of an incredible teacher, and most of her kids end up adoring her.

Go figure. :rolleyes:

That should do it. :laugh:

ok, ok, I do not wear shoes. heehee
That was too easy. I know your neck-of-the-woods well. While I have no desire to ever return, I spent many years in Arkansas fishing the Current, Black, Spring and White Rivers becoming pretty damn proficient with a flyrod. At least I didn't ask if you have all your teeth. :laugh:

But can she make booze barefoot? heehee
No. The county health department asked us not to do that. So when the shoes come off, it's time to start making something else.*

*Wine I guess. What were you thinking? Soup?

I bet you she secretly loves kids.

As an advocate for students, there's no doubt about it.

Closer to home, we're happier without them. :laugh:

So, why do you have to store absinthe in the dark? Whats that about?

Ooo! Joe! I do have all my teeth! I'm actually really proud of that, bc most older people around here don't take care of theirs. I've never had a cavity though. heehee! Why is it a health issue to be barefoot when you make it? I mean, it's all machines isn't it?

your happier without them Absomphe? Does that mean you like, had some before and tossed them out? ;)

Yeah, Brian, I cried. May be a little stupid, but I can't help feeling embarassed, unliked and just plain hurt when strangers get huffy

No offense, but what was said was hardly huffy, and said in jest and good humor, while still expressing their frustration.

Take a look through some of the threads where there were real insults and fights. That's where things got nasty.

Just remember that you shouldn't let people you don't know make you feel bad. And always err on the side of jest when trying to interpret someone's intent on this forum. It's normally the correct one.

But it happens. ;)

Yes it does! But the advice above certainly would have worked in that scenario too!*

*and high yield bond funds are an integral part of any diversified portfolio. :devil:

To me freezing alcohol is a bad idea if its quality stuff. The cold numbs your tongue and lowers your ability to taste all the wonderful flavors the drink has to offer. I use to always freeze my tequila and vodka, but now that I buy quality stuff and acquired a palate for them I only drink at room temp.

Indeed.

Berthe de joux is the first commercial absinthe that I don't even louche with chilled water to begin with, simply because I wouldn't want to miss any of the flavor nuances or dull that wonderful Pontarlier wormwood finish even a little.

Brian... I think we can agree to disagree. I'm pretty big on manners and untill the ice is broken I never jab at people like that, and never when I'm annoyed. I'd rather walk away.

After everything is said and done, I'm tired of talking about it. I'm over it, Now I kinda have a better idea what everyone is like, so I'm not afraid to speak my mind. If someone doesnt like it, then they shouldnt be on a forum.

Thanks, m.a.... I never would have thought of either of those. I keep the jager in the freezer for guests who like me to mix drinks for them because thats how they say they like it. But I've only put certain drinks in the fridge. I won't be doing that with my absinthe. Maybe I'll put my bottles in the gun safe? haha!

Thats funny, butch...