Sign in to follow this  
Kalleo

New Absinthe Poster...couldn't believe it!

As some of you know from my other posts, I'm a senior in college, and every year, my college hosts a massive poster/print sale from a traveling company. Typically, I'm not impressed with what they have, but I decided to go look at their selection. I wasn't seeing anything really interesting until I looked in the large poster section (3'x5'ish) and found this famous picture:

http://www.movieposter.com/posters/archive/main/27/MPW-13821

Needless to say, I was thrilled and purchased it immediately. I'd seen it online, but when something like that shows up on your door step...you pretty much have to buy it. It is now proudly displayed at the head of my bed in my dorm, and is easily the first thing one sees upon entering.

I just needed to vent the excitement to people who would appreciate it. :cheers:

I have one of those in my office. It was a gift from another WS member. :heart:

I thought you one in your dorm as well. :wheelchair:

Indeed I did! That was 1973 and I had no idea what absinthe was. I knew the lady in the poster had breasts and that was all it took for me to like it. Barely 18, I didn't even like beer then.

Who would have guessed my connection to that vision would grow so much stronger 35 years later.

I have one of those in my office. It was a gift from another WS member. :heart:

I thought you one in your dorm as well. :wheelchair:

Indeed I did! That was 1973 and I had no idea what absinthe was. I knew the lady in the poster had breasts and that was all it took for me to like it. Barely 18, I didn't even like beer then.

Who would have guessed my connection to that vision would grow so much stronger 35 years later.

I'll admit that the fact that she is a very attractive (and accurately curvacious) nude woman did not escape my attention. :shifty:

has anybody ever tried a Robette(one of the few belgian absinthes) actually.

I find it very amusing that everyone knows this picture but no one has ever tried a Robette!!!!