• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Jack Griffin

Jack Griffin

invisible member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:46 PM

Are any of you who donate monthly to WS having issues with Paypal cancelling the subscription to donate monthly? They cancelled mine with no notice, and I had to do it all over.

#2 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,976 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:43 PM

No problems here.

#3 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • 4,130 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:31 PM

Mine went through. Are you set for automatic? I'm assuming it was a Paypal thing.
Every hour is green hour. -Hedonmonkey

Sometimes bad just gets so bad that it breaks thru to the other side and becomes good. - Phoenix

#4 rob fritz

rob fritz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:27 AM

Not yet Scott, but I have been warned by Paypal, that after $5000 I need to move to a verified account using a bank account rather than my credit card.

#5 Mat B.

Mat B.

The Gentleman of Verona

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:01 AM

I've used Paypal twice and it gave me problems each time. I think it's a dart-throw, or roll of the dice. Now I just send checks.
"I will show you something different from either Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you; I will show you fear in a handful of dust."
-The Waste Land

“…and it’s appropriate to serve them, as long as you serve them appropriately.”
-Jules

#6 Jack Griffin

Jack Griffin

invisible member

• 3,304 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:41 AM

I have a verified account, and it was doing fine on auto for 6 months, then they just cancelled it with no warning. I called, they said they didn't know. No biggie I suppose...Gwydion was using it to watch old horror on pay-per-view anyway from what I'm told. :secret2:

#7 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,804 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:34 AM

Was it possibly using a credit card that is set to expire soon?
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#8 Jack Griffin

Jack Griffin

invisible member

• 3,304 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:08 AM

Nope. Bank. All was well. They did it and don't know why. When I went to the donate button again on WS, it didn't give me any way of selecting auto this time either, unless I somehow missed it. If it doesn't auto
withdraw, I'll try to figure it out next month.

#9 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • 4,130 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:19 AM

On a very vaguely related line of thought, our network admin guy got a nasty-gram from his bosses in the Green Zone. They asked why his server hadn't been syncing for the last two days. He called them (on the secure VOIP) and told them the satellite at our camp was down, and was only now back up and running. They replied, "well, you should have let us know that the network was down." He waited a moment without saying a word, hoping they would catch the error of their mistake. When they didn't, he asked rather emphatically, "You mean you never got the pigeon?! I tied the note around his leg, just like the manual said."

They apologized and asked him to get the server back onto the dynamic sync as soon as possible.

I thought it was pretty funny.

Sometimes bad just gets so bad that it breaks thru to the other side and becomes good. - Phoenix

#10 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,976 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:52 AM

So, is the pigeon alright? :twitchsmile:

#11 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • 4,130 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:05 AM

Only time will tell!

#12 Jay

Jay

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:22 PM

Hey Scott, for what little it's worth, I too had a little bit of a hassle with the Paypal subscription last year (I donated for two months and then decided I needed to discontinue it for a while, but ran into issues). Gwydion and/or Brian straightened it out for me, though.

I'm back on the wagon as of last month, and so far I've had no problems.

Well, except for the fact that my cash flow has deteriorated to a trickle. ;)

#13 Jack Griffin

Jack Griffin

invisible member

• 3,304 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:31 PM

They have medication for that trickle problem. I find a good verte helps. :devil:

#14 Jay

Jay

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:34 PM

Well now, that was quite below the belt.

Oh, wait...
:devil: back atya

#15 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • 11,260 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:02 PM

When I went to the donate button again on WS, it didn't give me any way of selecting auto this time either, unless I somehow missed it.

You used the one-time donation up at the top of the page there. If you want a subscription donation, you can do it from My Controls > Purchase Paid Subscriptions.

And as always, thank you all for your generous contributions to me watching old whores on pay-per-view our worthy cause.

Maker of Marteau Absinthe
Master Distiller, Gnostalgic Spirits Distillery
www.absinthemarteau.com
Confessions of an Absinthiste

#16 Jack Griffin

Jack Griffin

invisible member

• 3,304 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:18 PM

Gwydion, it's the least I can do. WS has opened up a new passion that I've shared with many friends.
Quality of life. Black gold, Texas tea, movie stars... (showin' my age)

$5 per month is a token gesture when I consider the guidance, wisdom, and friendships I now have with some of the best minds, hands and hearts in the absinthe world. I feel enriched and lucky to have found you guys.

#17 Jay

Jay

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:52 PM

And as always, thank you all for your generous contributions to me watching old whores on pay-per-view our worthy cause.

[Breathing through the oxygen mask] 'Oh, mommy, mommy.' ... 'Don't you f*(king look at me!'

But in all seriousness (which, btw, is a struggle for me to attain considering my present state of inebriation), what Scott said. The WS is a great resource that I very much appreciate, and thank you for maintaining it.

Now. On with the hornets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association