1 reply to this topic

#1 JerseyVerte

JerseyVerte

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:05 AM

....actually thought it would contradict each other badly. But, I sat back with a Raphael Gonzalez petite corona and a 3:1 Pacifique, and I found it quite nice. The smoke opened up the palate to the hebal side of my glass far more than normal.

May not be to everyone's taste (I still prefer Kentucky's finest with my smokes)...but it made for a pleasant experience.

Cheers
Love, Laugh, Smile, Care - And leave the planet better than you found it. It shouldn't be any more complicated than that.

#2 DWM

DWM

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

....actually thought it would contradict each other badly. But, I sat back with a Raphael Gonzalez petite corona and a 3:1 Pacifique, and I found it quite nice. The smoke opened up the palate to the hebal side of my glass far more than normal.

May not be to everyone's taste (I still prefer Kentucky's finest with my smokes)...but it made for a pleasant experience.

Cheers

I had a glass of VC with a El Rey Del Mundo Demi Tasse the other night, I thought a light, floral cigar would be a good try with it, but even that overpowered the absinthe. I can see why people shy away from pairing the two as the nuance of the absinthe seems to disappear when smoking, although the cigar seems to benefit a bit from the nice finish. I might try it again sometime with less water to see if a stiffer dose can keep up with the cigar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association