Alan Moss

"America - Drinking the cup of bitterness"

This religious blogger does not like absinthe.

"Oscar Wilde’s question relates absinthe to a sunset. America as a nation is truly experiencing her sunset. The light is going out in this nation, and her freedoms and prosperity will also be extinguished. The company marketing this absinthe is calling it lucid. This word, meaning “bright, or luminous” shares the same root as the name Lucifer. The company is similarly called Viridian Spirit. Viridian bears a double meaning, being the name of a blue-green color. Absinthe is not blue-green, but either green or colorless. The name Viridian is intended to evoke in the mind a relationship to the word virile, which is defined for a man as “having strength, energy and a strong sex drive.” Absinthe has long been associated with increasing the sex drive, as is evidenced even in advertisements from over a century ago ....

Absinthe represents this drink that America has been imbibing. America cannot have one part of this drink without the other. Not only is it a drink of great narcotic properties, associated with sexual virility, but it is also a bitter drink which is known by the name “Wormwood.” America must now drink fully of a cup of bitter judgment, for her transgressions and abominations have arisen before the throne of God.

I find it to not be coincidental that Absinthe was admitted into America again at the end of 2007. It was the same year that Miss USA fell on stage at the Miss Universe Pageant. A.A. Allen speaks of America being forced to drink a cup of bitterness and it resulting in her staggering and falling. Miss USA fell again at the precise time in the show, during the evening gown competition, in 2008.

The evening is the time of the setting of the Sun, and the Spirit testifies that the Sun is now setting upon this nation. Darkness has fallen across the land, and gross darkness upon the people." etc etc.

Of course we don't discuss religion here, but it is worrying to see absinthe demonized again, just as it was 100 or more years ago.

I was about to dismiss all this as claptrap when I read this chilling line:

I find it to not be coincidental that Absinthe was admitted into America again at the end of 2007. It was the same year that Miss USA fell on stage at the Miss Universe Pageant.

Food for thought, my friends, food for thought.

It's going to be a struggle for me as this will be political and religious at the same time. We all know those two subjects shouldn't be discussed in polite company.

...™

I'm biting my tongue so hard right now.

OMG...you must be one of those blood drinking Satan worshippers! :shock:

Devil go out!!!

The funny thing is that Miss USA slipped on some spilled Holy Water. It's freaking me out man!!!!!

Also that same day, Dick Cheney got a really really bad hangnail. :tongue:

slideshow_791591_AP0807140652A.JPG

Two out of three of the above would make for one hell of a fun evening, IMO. I'll let the discriminating reader determine which two.

Edit: Sbmac edited his post and removed two of the three photos he had up there so that I look like a loon - thanks a lot, Scott! :tongue:

Edited by Jay

[quote

OMG...you must be one of those blood drinking Satan worshippers! :shock:

Devil go out!!!

You say that like it's a bad thing! :devil:

Oh my. Since we can't talk about politics or religion, can we talk about the dangers of folk etymologies that have no basis in real philology? Surely a much more dangerous evil than this terrible "absinthe" that the blogger is talking about...