AZmadness

Rum--What is your poison

I'm also totally bummed that the Lemon Hart 80 and 151 demerara rums appear to be--at least temporarily--off the market. Here's hoping that these essential tiki mixers are back soon!

I've still never had the 80. A store in town carries only the 151, I'll have to go stock up. I tried a bottle of El Dorado once for an 80 pf. demerara, and wasn't terribly impressed. The Lemon Hart 151, with a little lime juice and a little syrup, shaken with ice and strained, is delicious (Kapu-Kai in Beachbum Berry's "Grog Log")

Is the flavor profile of the LH 80 similar to the 151?

Very similar--essentially the same rum at a different proof. And I agree with your assessment of El Dorado (I've had the 12 year and the 15 year): not bad, but LH is unquestionably superior.

Good luck with your quest to track down LH 151. I'm carefully rationing mine. If you come across a couple extra bottles, you know where to send them. :wave2:

By the way, if/when Lemon Hart becomes available again, DUNY now carries it.

Greytail!! I found it!!

Ron Zacapa Centenario for my egg nog. I prefer Venado aguardiente for Cuba Libres, it comes from the same folks.

Once a friend let me try some Dominican rum that made the Centenario looked bad. we felt horribly un-patriotic while enjoying the heck out of it.

Ah Rum! I like: Kraken, Cruzan Spiced, Cruzan Blackstrap, Pussers, Bones, Flor de Cana. I want to get my hand on some 10 cane! I like Perfect Storms (dark and stormy), painkillers and bushwackers! I make perfect storms all the time. It's my go to Rum drink! Rum is good :arrr:

Edited by Cajun Magic

I'm being tempted by the Stroh 80 at the store. Is it good enough to sip on, or should it always be mixed because of it's strength?

And. +4 or 5 on the Barbancourt! :D