• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 bksmithey

bksmithey

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:58 PM

I'm also totally bummed that the Lemon Hart 80 and 151 demerara rums appear to be--at least temporarily--off the market. Here's hoping that these essential tiki mixers are back soon!

I've still never had the 80. A store in town carries only the 151, I'll have to go stock up. I tried a bottle of El Dorado once for an 80 pf. demerara, and wasn't terribly impressed. The Lemon Hart 151, with a little lime juice and a little syrup, shaken with ice and strained, is delicious (Kapu-Kai in Beachbum Berry's "Grog Log")

Is the flavor profile of the LH 80 similar to the 151?

#32 AiO

AiO

Movie Freak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:31 AM

Very similar--essentially the same rum at a different proof. And I agree with your assessment of El Dorado (I've had the 12 year and the 15 year): not bad, but LH is unquestionably superior.

Good luck with your quest to track down LH 151. I'm carefully rationing mine. If you come across a couple extra bottles, you know where to send them. :wave2:

By the way, if/when Lemon Hart becomes available again, DUNY now carries it.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot" -- Charlie Chaplin

#33 Père Ubu

Père Ubu

Veni Vidi Bibit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

Greytail!! I found it!!

Ron Zacapa Centenario for my egg nog. I prefer Venado aguardiente for Cuba Libres, it comes from the same folks.

Once a friend let me try some Dominican rum that made the Centenario looked bad. we felt horribly un-patriotic while enjoying the heck out of it.

#34 Cajun Magic

Cajun Magic

Diab Soulé

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:32 PM

Ah Rum! I like: Kraken, Cruzan Spiced, Cruzan Blackstrap, Pussers, Bones, Flor de Cana. I want to get my hand on some 10 cane! I like Perfect Storms (dark and stormy), painkillers and bushwackers! I make perfect storms all the time. It's my go to Rum drink! Rum is good :arrr:

Edited by Cajun Magic, 22 July 2012 - 09:44 PM.

Laissez le bon temps rouler!
L' Huere Verte! C'est le bon temps!
Absinthe! Comme c'est la douceur de vivre!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association