Hey guys. I finally decided to join up here. I've actually lurked these boards since I was 17, back in 2007, so I feel like I already know most of you. I just turned 21 a few days ago (July 2nd), so I'm ready to start my absinthe journey, so to speak. I'm thinking about starting by ordering an Absinthe Explore set from Rue Verte. I'll probably get samples of La Clandestine, Mansinthe, and Duplais Verte, as well as a couple of spoons. I figure mail order is about all I can do, as I live in southern KY, in a dry county, surrounded by dry counties. The nearest liquor store that I know sells absinthe (Lucid) is almost 2 hours south of here. What sucks though is most online liquor retailers won't ship to Kentucky, so I'm in quite a tight spot. I have emailed Rue Verte though, and they guaranteed delivery to anywhere in the US. I also didn't notice anywhere on Duny's site that excluded shipping to KY. All others I've checked though say no to KY.

Anyway, it's great to (digitally) meet you all.

Happy Birthday! :cheers:

And welcome to the Wormwood Society! You've got a solid idea with the Absinthexplore set. Since you're just starting out, that will be a pretty good way to decide which you might want to order full bottles of. It's been a while since I looked at Antoine's full selection for the tubes, but as I recall, they were all fantastic absinthes. So you really can't go wrong.

Oh, and ditto what Joe said.

A belated welcome :cheers:

(Hooray for the Skinny Puppy reference! Long time fan. :thumbup: )

I can't wait for the new album. It's supposed to come out sometime in August, I think. It's been ready for almost a year now, but delays have kept pushing it back (record label woes or something). It's called In Solvent See. I've been looking forward to it for quite some time now. :dribble:

You may already know all that... a heads up just in case though.

Hiya Trauma_Hound!

Hello! :cheers:

...deep down trauma hounds

Haha hell yeah! Skinny Puppy owns it! I'm glad someone got the reference.

A belated welcome :cheers:

(Hooray for the Skinny Puppy reference! Long time fan. :thumbup: )

:cheers:

I'm also huge into Download, some platEAU, etc.

Hey guys. I finally decided to join up here. I've actually lurked these boards since I was 17, back in 2007...

Great to have you... bottoms up!

Welcome aboard, and good luck with having the angels wing your absinthe over the dry county roads and into your greedy little fingers! :cheers: