Sign in to follow this  
Brian Robinson

Absinthe Duvallon

Well, of course a review is based on personal taste, although I try to be as objective as possible. I've had much better. Yes, it was well balanced, but nothing stuck out. Nothing separated it from the pack. I've heard the verte is delicious though.

edit: After some research, it seems like my review is similar with others who have reviewed it on other sites in regards to scoring.

arguably the best blanche from the Val de Travers

What does that say about the others?

Ha! To be fair I think there are a couple of VdT brands that are really excellent, just...recent events leave a bad taste in the mouth that will linger for a very long time (that's what she said!).

To be fair, I think CAB's offerings have been the best that I've tasted out of the VdT. It's a shame I'm not supporting him anymore, well meaning as he may be.

DuVallon Blanche is far to be mediocre. One of the most wormwoody blanche from the VDT. DuVallon and the recent Veuve Verte are really good!!! The wormwood profile is realy present and i like it like that. After La Clandestine, DuVallon is my next choice for a Bleue. But i realy prefer his recent version of Veuve Verte...important to note than i dont talk about the ancient one.

Well, it's great that you like it Hugue. It's quite obvious from your posts that we have very different tastes. That's why we encourage everyone to write reviews.

You might think of it as a wormwoody blanche from the VdT, but compared to all blanches, it's not as wormwoody as the others I like better.

But again, my reviews seem quite consistent with other reviews I've read of the same product.

If I lined up all of the blanches and le bleues I have and rank them, I'd certainly have to deem this product mediocre. Not bad. Not great. Easy to drink, for sure. But there is absolutely nothing about it that stands out enough for me to think of it as unique or memorable.

DuVallon improve a lot since the time. I do not have the chance of drinking a lot of different Du Vallon Blanche batchs. The only time i've try it was in the last summer. And i have a buy a Veuve Verte a couple month ago.

Edited by Hugue

They need a new label, I think. Does it not look as though the girl has left something unpleasant on the ground behind her?