avasatani

Long time stalker, first time talker...

Hey everyone, I was recently introduced to the world of "real" absinthes with a purchase of Pacifique Absinthe Superieure. During college some friends of mine and I purchased a bottle of Czechsinthe and our lack of knowledge certainly got the better of us.

Since then I haven't had the funds to pick up a quality absinthes due to bills and terrible jobs. That all changed last week when I was finally offered a career-level job at a bank. When contemplating how to celebrate my success, I began to research the quality absinthes which have begun to enter the US marketplace.

Thanks to this website and your forum members I was able to gain a huge level of information in a relatively short period of time, and I made the decision to purchase Pacifique. Thank you all so much for your dedication to this incredible drink.

Since I started pretty much at the top-tier of US Absinthes, what should my next bottle be? I completely open to all suggestions, and price probably isn't a concern... as long as it isn't vintage :cheers: . I guess I'm looking for something that is as good, if not better. Delaware Phoenix is certainly in my crosshairs.

~Andrew

Welcome Andrew! :cheers: Great choice to start with, your line of thought for the next one should result in a very enjoyable experience as well.

After you explore the DPs, there's a ton of options, but you might want to try something with a grape alcohol base for comparison. Leopold Bros, Vieux Pontarlier, Jade N.O. and Marteau Belle Epoque (when it becomes available again) are good examples. Just an idea.

Edited by Green Baron

Thanks for the warm greetings. Eventually I will get around to trying all of the recommended brands. I certainly have been bitten by the bug. Since I skipped the well distributed introductory brands (Kübler/Lucid), I wasn't sure if I should pick up one of them to see what the lower end Absinthe tastes like. There are just so many choices of higher quality I think I'll pass on those.

Greetings and salutations! :wave2: I've mentioned this other places, but Leopold Bros. was my first delve into the world that is absinthe and I greatly enjoyed it. Pacifique is actually one of the "nexts" on my list. Congratulations on the new job by the by! :cheers:

So I have you to thank for my delicious endeavor into the world of real absinthe... thank you very much kind sir! I will be ordering another bottle of your elixir within the week.

I have put pressure on my local liquor stores to carry more quality absinthe, and have specifically mentioned your brand every time. The stores in MA and NH really only carry Lucid and Kübler.

Bravo Zman.. bravo. :dev-cheers:

Welcome! I'd explore the DP, Jades, Leopold, Obsello, Pacifique, and as many Duplias and Brevans as you can. Ordering overseas from Jen at absinthe-shop.com, or LDFis a breeze, and you will learn so much.

Then there's our event in October in the Catskills...