21 replies to this topic

#1 A Medicine for Misery

A Medicine for Misery

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:14 AM

My favorite place to drink absinthe in Denver is Z Cuisine A' Cote': their small food menu is fantastic and their absinthe selection is wide: along with the standard US releases like LTV, Leopold Bros, St George, Marteau and Kübler I have seen La Fee, Libertine (a Fougerolles blanche in Colorado! Awesome.) and a few others.

I was introduced to this place by a beautiful pastis-pounding redhead and every time she brings me along I end up in drunkenly serious discussions about absinthe with the owners: they really love La Fee Verte and it shows. There is a neon green absinthe sign hanging behind the bar which, when lit, indicates happy hour has arrived; their finest "martini" is even called 'the Green Fairy" and is made with orange vodka, absinthe and handcrushed basil. It takes about ten minutes to make but is like kissing the Springtime. It is really a very charming little bistro.

Their website is www.zcuisineonline.com

#2 seeker of truth

seeker of truth

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:55 AM

Thank you for sharing! :cheers: I'll admit, I was raised in a bar, half the time anyway, but even as a younger person I tend to stray away from that scene. I'm not single and it's too expensive for me, besides you can no longer smoke in 'em & that's just wrong weird to me even though I no longer do, smoke that is :laugh: . So I guess it goes w/o saying that I don't know of any decent bars that actually serve absinthe. I will be checking this place out soon.
I talk like a drunk man walks, in every which way but where he is headed.

#3 mgs

mgs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:27 PM

I was in "Z Cuisine" last month, I loved the place.... I did not have a dinner, but ate some nice onion soup and a vegetables mix with cheese typically French.... very good ! And I drunk the Libertine. I had to explain the waitress that I did not want to fire the absinthe......... but I highly recommend this restaurant. It is located on the region called "Highlands" with several other good restaurants, galleries and a nice night life...

- Marcelo

#4 Nate Clark

Nate Clark

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:18 PM

I know this might not be the best place to post this topic, but seeing as to how the Denver section is dead in 'Absinthe in Cities Around The World' I wanted to make sure all my fellow Coloradans knew about this. "The Foundrey" bar on Pearl Street Mall in Boulder, Colorado closed its doors this last November and was bought out by Eric Turner and Alfonso Natarelli, co-owners of the Green Fairy Bar in Copper Mt. CO., and have since then decided to turn it into a European/Absinthe themed restaurant/bar/nightclub. I'm stoked!!! Anyone else you lives in and around Colorado let me know what you think so we can get a group together and check out the grand opening, which is apparently at the end of this summer.

Here is the link to the article:
http://www.coloradod...8#axzz0rYVVznlJ

Edited by Nate Clark, 21 June 2010 - 09:19 PM.

#5 mgs

mgs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:26 AM

YYYYYYYYYeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !

Do you know where I live ? 8th and Logan, Denver downtown !!!!!!!!

:cheers:

- Marcelo

#6 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,793 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:10 AM

Only dead because people post things in other threads instead of here. ;)

So I've moved it. :)
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#7 bksmithey

bksmithey

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:33 AM

Cool! Thanks for the info and keep us posted Nate, I'd like to meet up for a drink when they open. My oldest is at CU so I find myself in Boulder from time to time.

#8 A Bearded Man

A Bearded Man

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:29 AM

Has anyone been to the Paris Wine Bar next to Paris on the Platte? Apparently they have some absinthe as it's listed in cocktails. I haven't been there in quite a while, so I don't know what brands they have or if they fire it. Has anyone been there recently?
"Universality is disgusting"--Jim Harrison

#9 Evan Camomile

Evan Camomile

Junkyard Dog

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:01 PM

They put a wine bar next to that place! Wow, I should've stopped by last year when I was in Denver several times a week.

Makes me miss Paris on The Poudre a bit.

American Absintheur
Blog | FB | Twitter

#10 mgs

mgs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:32 PM

where exactly is this place ?

- Marcelo

#11 Hedonmonkey

Hedonmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:54 AM

Only dead because people post things in other threads instead of here. ;)

So I've moved it. :)

Just a question (a pre-coffee question)...two parter.
Where was it before and why is it not in 'Absinthe in Cities all over the Planet' thread ?

I pledge allegiance to Queen Fragg and her mighty state of Hysteria...     -Calvin

"Until you stalk and overrun, you can't devour anyone."    -Hobbes

#12 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,793 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:12 AM

Hmmm... that's where it was supposed to be.

Moving time. :)
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#13 mgs

mgs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:27 AM

DAZZLE jazz club is serving absinthe.... they have Leopold and Klüber.... they do not light the absinthe...... and the music is wonderful !

- Marcelo

#14 Evan Camomile

Evan Camomile

Junkyard Dog

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:23 PM

That's a jazz club? I always thought it was something else from the neon light exterior and the name. I may have to check it out sometime.

American Absintheur
Blog | FB | Twitter

#15 A Bearded Man

A Bearded Man

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:18 PM

Wow, I did not know Dazzle had started serving absinthe. I will have to drop in. Tatan, I highly recommend Dazzle if you like jazz. One of the many great jazz clubs in Denver. The food is pretty good, the music great, and it has a nice atmosphere.

#16 A Bearded Man

A Bearded Man

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

It's been a while, but I thought I'd pop in (or on?) to say that Mondo Vino in the Highlands neighborhood of Denver has started carrying Vieux Carre and La Clandestine in addition to Leopolds, Lucid, and other, less reputable brands. Now if only I wasn't broke...

#17 Strange Botwin

Strange Botwin

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

Now if only I wasn't broke...

But then you wouldn't be The Dude. And that would be very un-Dude
I voluntarily inflicted a certain level of insanity on myself - Jonathan Franzen

#18 E Bien

E Bien

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:52 AM

It's been a while, but I thought I'd pop in (or on?) to say that Mondo Vino in the Highlands neighborhood of Denver has started carrying Vieux Carre and La Clandestine in addition to Leopolds, Lucid, and other, less reputable brands.

Woo-hoo! That's a stroll of a few blocks for me ... :cheers:

#19 Evan Camomile

Evan Camomile

Junkyard Dog

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

After concerts I often grab a bite to eat at a nearby restaurant, most of which stay open for the post-show crowds. I've noticed Leopold Bros. Verte on a lot of drink menus. Many times it's the only absinthe.

I can't really remember specific names but a year ago this wasn't happening so check those drink menus!

American Absintheur
Blog | FB | Twitter

#20 JosephLabrecque

JosephLabrecque

• PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

Encountered Leopold Bros. Absinthe Verte on the menu at City o' City last weekend: http://www.cityocitydenver.com/ [$10]

#21 Evan Camomile

Evan Camomile

Junkyard Dog

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

My favorite "after concert, food before the long drive home" place.
Hence why I never checked out the booze portion of the menu, good catch. My buddy drives next time.

American Absintheur
Blog | FB | Twitter

#22 JosephLabrecque

JosephLabrecque

• PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

They have some pretty crazy onion rings too ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association