Jack Griffin

Some absinthe gear from Sbmac

Hey Gwydion, I hope you scored that lovely yellow authentic Belle Epoque water pitcher on the top shelf behind you, not to mention that fine antique Mae West absinthe sugar jar to your right! :harhar:

not always, you need not cook your clams in a steamer tray inside another pot, just make sure you are able to draw off the liquor from the bottom of the pot. Some people build up the bottom with either seaweed, some types are better than others, or rocks you find on the beach.

Rob's very generous prize arrived today, and 'clam pot' will now always hold a special place in my culinary-related heart. Thank you, Rob! :cheers:

I just acquired 6 antique mominette torasades (Mominette referring to the smaller size) from a friend in France privately. I want to keep three of these, selling the other 3. They are handblown, and a matched set.

They are damage free and crystal clear. 5" tall, the same height as a modern pontarlier glass. 2.5" wide at the mouth. The facets mark a perfect 1/2 ounce dose, and there is enough volume for a 5:1 ratio with room to spare.

These are torsade bistro glasses, used for absinthe, vermouth, and other drinks. Perfect for sampling/tasting glasses, or just smaller portions. They are thick and heavy in the hand for their size.

on Ebay here: If anyone on WS wants them for a little less, I'll cancel the auction, lower the starting price by $10, and take a credit card over the phone to avoid the Ebay/Paypal thing. Free shipping.

I want these going to a good home, and would rather see them wind up with one of you!

SOLD to a friend here on WS! OMG Bill, you seem have a good friend here too....send me your address!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...T#ht_500wt_1154

Here's a shot of one in my hand for scale.

miniTorsadeB.jpg

I'll be sorely disappointed if he didn't say that with an upturned pinky finger at the side of his mouth.

Dr_Evil.jpg