Robynn

"Portrait of Angel Fernandez de Soto" at Auction

The current owner (The Andrew Lloyd Webber Art Foundation) of "Portrait of Angel Fernandez de Soto", known to most as "The Absinthe Drinker" will auction the painting off at a Christie's auction of Impressionist and Modern art in London on 23 June 2010.

absinthe_drinker_narrowweb__300x4400.jpg

The painting is the most highly estimated works of art to be offered at auction in Europe, with a pre-sale estimate of between £30–40 million. Jussi Pylkkanen, president of Christie's Europe division has said the painting is "one of the most important works of art to be offered at auction in decades."

Ha. I looked at the title of this thread too quickly and thought that it was about the dude Michael Alig killed in the NYC club scene. But that was "Angel" Melendez. My bad. :thumbdown:

I'm sure there are some film makers, writers and musicians out there that make tons of money but I'm not sure if they make 51.2 million!!! That's a lot of money! Maybe the Stones or Steven Spielberg?? Maybe some really famous actors or actresses make that too?? We know Oprah makes more! Anybody know of any contemporary visual artists that make that kind of money???

She's the total package. She can cook, decorate, grow a garden, do time in prison, have a dog named Paw-Paw, has her own line of paint and has had a colorful life. I bet she may know some tricks.

Again, I leave it to your imaginations. :devil:

Martha Stewart, the most interesting lady in the world.

"If she were to shiv you in the kidney, you’d have to fight off the urge to thank her.”

She doesn't always drink beer, but when she does, she eats the glass afterwards.