Jen Dixon

Sugar Tongs

I just picked up sugar tongs from ebay and they're so lovely!

4671469158_bc0a3cb776.jpg

I don't typically drink my absinthe with sugar, but I felt I needed these. (The antique bug has taken a big bite out of me... but within reason; I got these - including shipping - for under a tenner.)

The info:

"By JOHNATHAN BELL & SON – SHEFFIELD 1897

Silver Plated

Sugar Tongs ( 105mm/4⅛")

All pieces are stamped on the underside of the handle.

This is vintage cutlery but has been well looked after with just a few signs of wear."

How cute are they? So cute. :wub:

And now I've blown more cash on absinthe antiques... Oh dear, oh dear... I think I might need support. :twitchsmile: (I'll show the new gear when I get it...)

Somebody take nice people and ebay away from me...

nice score, I resist with all my might the paraphernalia associated with this habit,passion,addiction or obsession. If I bought just one thing it would be the point of no return and my wife would either kill me or leave me....actually probably both.

Little vintage bistro sugar bowl from Marc at Musée Virtuel de l'Absinthe , and tiny 3" circa 1915 sugar tongs via Ebay @ $9.99! These will be among the gear I'll be sharing at the event in the Catskills in October.

sugar-bowl-and-tongs.jpg

I knew I shouldn't have started with this collecting malarkey...

4705853131_8af1fa3986.jpg

eBay, £3.04, shipped. I also just scored a 19c glass for under £10 shipped... I'm in trouble now. The bug has taken a big bite. :twitchsmile:

I knew I shouldn't have started with this collecting malarkey...

eBay, £3.04, shipped. I also just scored a 19c glass for under £10 shipped... I'm in trouble now. The bug has taken a big bite. :twitchsmile:

Welcome to the club!

Nice tongs! I scored some very similar from eBay too (will have to post photo later). Was lucky enough to find a pair monogrammed. It workes for me, but I think that helped keep the bidding low.