I picked up a bottle this weekend. Batch 6.

Good stuff. Less 'green' tasting, and a bit more 'flowery'. Which I guess would make sense as it's essentially a blanche with hibiscus etc. There's still plenty of the anise/wormwood/typical absinthe flavors in the mix mind you. And it's not gone so far as 'perfumey'. I thought it was really well balanced. It's just that some of the herbiness has been supplanted by a floral sweetness (not sugary sweetness).

I like it too. The hibiscus never strays into into acrid territory but the tarragon is a just a touch too much for my ideal though. I wouldn't hesitate to get another bottle (provided I was already well stocked with a few absinthes I consider essential first).

Edited by Green Baron

Apologies for the thread necromancy; but I didn't think starting a new thread was justfied.

Just tried this one this weekend. Picked up a bottle of Batch 6. Interesting, but I haven't decided yet if I like it. There's a nice floral earthiness to it; but a rather unpleasant bitterness in the finish (I'm assuming from the tarragon, since it doesn't seem like a wormwood bitterness). There's also an oddly cloying sweetness in the finish as well. Anise is present, but subtle compared to most other absinthe. I haven't tried it with sugar yet; but I have a feeling that doing so would improve the character.

I've noticed that this one doesn't appear to be on the review site yet. Is anyone planning on adding it? I tried, but I can't seem to get it to recognize my account. Of course, I haven't been around for a few years, so....

I thought they were going to, but I guess they didn't. I just added the review section. It is listed here.

I didn't add my review, because I received a bottle of batch 1, which had quite a few flaws. But from what I heard, the later batches had addressed all of the concerns I had from the first one. So I didn't want to penalize them for old absinthe that wasn't reflective of their new stuff.

Please give the review section some time before it shows up.

I thought they were going to, but I guess they didn't. I just added the review section. It is listed here.

I didn't add my review, because I received a bottle of batch 1, which had quite a few flaws. But from what I heard, the later batches had addressed all of the concerns I had from the first one. So I didn't want to penalize them for old absinthe that wasn't reflective of their new stuff.

Please give the review section some time before it shows up.

Cool. I'll have to sit down when I have more time and perform a formal review.

My bottle is batch 6; and while there are some flaws, it's definitely far from the worst US offering out there. At least it lacks that candy-like star anise quality so many current American-made absinthes have.

ETA: I checked the link, and I'm still having trouble. It's simply not letting me log in.

Edited by luchog