divulse123

Jades at Liqueurs de France

Hi everyone. I'm from Boston, so it can be a little difficult to get some of the good absinthes, since nobody will ship booze there. One of my fellow commonwealth residents recently ordered successfully from Liqueurs de France, which I find exciting. But there's 1 problem.

All of the Jades they advertise have a small disclaimer on the page which reads "This product not shipped to U.S. residents." However, this disclaimer is click-able, and a small pop-up appears which reads, "Our policy has always been to supply Jade to customers wherever we are able to ship; including the USA. This policy has not changed, all orders will be honoured." Now, this is disconcerting. I doubt they are intentionally running a racket, but can anyone confirm or deny that they do in fact ship Jades to the U.S.? I would appreciate it very much!

I had sent them an email a while back asking them about the disclaimer. They replied and said it was something they were told they had to put on there, but it wouldn't affect any orders.

Facepalm engaged.

Haha. No worries. At the end of the day, the true story is that LdF will always take care of you.

Edit: Unless you're in Canada. :laf:

One of my items was a PF 1901 and it was shipped along with the rest to MA, no problem. It was fast too-- I ordered on the 14th, and received it on the 19th.

LdF has their act together, as they've been doing this for a minute. They quite rightly deserve all the good reviews they get here.

I am in France, in a city called Belfort. I went to the largest liquor store of the region called HyperBoisson.

They have just a few absinthe brands, they have three types of Lemercier, Kübler, and something that I bought and liked called François Guy.

I would like to try the so famous Jade, but it seems difficult to order in the store. Even though I understand enough French I am afraid to buy something in French websites (at least I can buy train tickets from SNCF from their website !).

How do you suggest me to purchase Jade ? Can I take it to USA in my luggage ?

Thanks,

- Marcelo

You may as well just order it from LiquorsDeFrance it will probably arrive at your house before you do. I ordered my 4 bottles from them and recieved them in 3 days I believe it was, well under 5 that is for sure.

I wonder if that will change now that Oxy owns Rue Verte. Will Czechsinthe make its way to Ldf too? :twitchsmile:

But in all seriousness, Ldf has been great.

Oxy does not have ANY ownership (or content control) in LDF. Absinthe Classics can only sell what LDF sells or allows Absinthe Classics to sell (as all Absinthe Classics sales must pass through LDF), LDF has no business association with Rue Verte.

How do you suggest me to purchase Jade ? Can I take it to USA in my luggage ?

I was in France a while back and brought home a couple bottles of absinthe...I used "Wine Skin" brand bottle protectors and carried the bottles back in my checked bags. I declared two bottles of "spirits" to Customs and they gave me no trouble.

That said, I wonder whether Customs regulations have caught up with the rest of the U.S. govt...if they had decided to inspect my luggage, might they have seized the absinthe? I really don't know.

now that Oxy owns Rue Verte.

I wasn't aware he bought RueVerte. It's been really quiet from Antoine for a while, which was odd given the absinthexplore buzz last year. I'm sure David can make good use of that web shop though. It has a pretty efficient UI.

what is a "wine skin" protector ? I understand what that is, but have no idea how to find one.... I think if we declare "absinthe" they will open the luggage no matter if we bring just one bottle.... I will try a Jade anyway here in France, then will try to figure out if I can take it back to USA.....

- Marcelo

As an aside, I have to say that the PF 1901 is quite outstanding. I had never tried a Jade before, and it really is (at least to me) a cut above. I ordered from LdF: Doubs Mystique, Duplais Verte, and the PF 1901. I tried them all this evening, in that order. All three were good but... wow.. that PF 1901 is really complex. I will have to order some of the other Jade.

I tried to get my wife to try them too -- but she thinks that they all taste like Nyquil. Oh well.

Well, the good news is that there are other places who will ship to you, so at least you're not totally without!

One of my items was a PF 1901 and it was shipped along with the rest to MA, no problem. It was fast too-- I ordered on the 14th, and received it on the 19th.

I've purchased from LdF many times, and its always been fast and pleasant... and Ive never had a lick of trouble with anyone over it. I realize this is an older topic, but figured Id throw my two cents in. Nice seeing another MA resident!