Marc

New Musée Virtuel Boutique

Another happy customer reporting in. I love my new glass and spoon and I'll enjoy breaking them in tonight. Cheers! :cheers:

p1010004i.jpg

Edited by Phoenix

Marc, you were right, once you use antique glassware you never want to use anything else. I already started giving away reproduction glasses and will continue as I collect more antiques. New order coming soon.

Rob, the cordon glass you've chosen is truly beautiful, I really love its elegance and sobriety, the feet is not very common in absinthe glasses. Sbmac would not disagree I think ;)

Phoenix, nice catch too, good Pontarlier glasses are becoming harder and harder to find, specially with all the fakes on the market.

2 more to come in the Boutique after I'm back from a nice one-week trip in very good company that will end in Boveresse.

FYI, I was browsing the site today and noticed that quite a few of the clickable pictures in the glasses section go to enlarged pictures of different items. I'm not sure if any of the other pages share the problem.

Side note: How is clickable not a real word by now? Firefox's spellchecker flags it.

Everything here is from Mark except for the Blanche Traditionelle Essai #5 and the sugar tongs.

Something special happens with vintage gear and good absinthe....

VintageHeavenSM.jpg

I’ve completed a big update for the Musée Virtuel Boutique a few hours ago and have sent an email to anyone who is on my mailing list (pm/email if want to be added to the list).

The update included some rare and beautiful glasses (including 3 new cordons and 3 new Pontarliers), spoons (including a Tour Eiffel, a Grille and many others), matchstrikers, posters, carafes, and a silver plated brouilleur.

Just have a look here: http://www.museeabsinthe.com/Boutique.html

Please note that within 2 hours, one Pontarlier, the cordon with spirals, a matchstriker and a topette had been already sold, and a few spoons are about to be sold too, some are really quick!

Hey Marc, I wanted you to know I sent an e-mail to Oliver Matter letting him know how much I love his absinthe, and included the photo a few posts up (all items I bought from you, except for the sugar tongs) with his Blanche Traditionelle...I also told him of the support he's getting here on WS with this IGP nonsense. He wrote back, and loved the photo, and the antiques, asking for a high res copy. He also appreciates all the support from people.

You are a gentleman, and a trustworthy dealer!

Best, Scott

Well you've snatched one rare glass so that's not bad.

Edited by Marc

Well you've snatched one rare glass so that's not bad.

No actually three greek egg glasses, one from you, and the pair from Scott, the third is a gift to my friends' wife who shares the same birthday as my wife. And now you are down another Cordon and saucer too. :cheers:

Ooh, geez, I need to avoid looking at that gear again too soon. Normally I just go, "Ha, too pricey, looks great though," but some of that stuff is pretty close to affordable for me.

"Let's see, if I cut our food budget by $50 for the next three months, and shifted the power bill over..."

:) I don't have much that I can sell, except other absintheware, and then what would be the point?

And you have a superb brand new Pernod Tarragona set you bought a few years ago Peridot, what else would you need? ;)

I wish I had your self-control.

That's the story of my life since I first started collecting absinthe antiques, you start with a 30€ glass and a few cheap spoons, and you end with a 800€ glass and 1200€ spoons :dead:

And you have a superb brand new Pernod Tarragona set you bought a few years ago Peridot, what else would you need? ;)

Yeah, actually I'm not really looking at glasses as much as other gear. Though there are a few more I'd like to own.

I saw one sold on the website. Was that the other one of the pair?

I saw one sold on the website. Was that the other one of the pair?

That was a different one, the glass was etched, not enameled.