divulse123

Hello from Cincy

Hello everyone. I've been lurking for about two months or so and decided to come out of the (worm)woodwork. I knew nothing about absinthe until I found this here WS, and when I found out it was made from anise and fennel, I got excited.

Been a fan of good ouzo from doing archaeological work over Crete way for a number of years. I got myself a bottle of Lucid about a month ago and thought it was good tasting, but good ouzo is cheaper and not too different. Picked up a bottle of Clandestine last week, and pow; definitely an eye-opener!

Living in Cincinnati at the moment where, sadly, it's difficult to get the high end stuff. I'll be moving home to Boston in June/July where, more sadly, it's even more difficult to get good stuff. But I'll try to make do. Thank you all for the great cache of info. The WS has been and shall continue to be a great resource for interested parties!

Been a fan of good ouzo from doing archaeological work over Crete way for a number of years

The amount of people who play with rocks in Crete is staggering! My uncle has done decades of research there.

Cheers, my friend. And welcome to the Wormwood Society. :cheers:

The amount of people who play with rocks in Crete is staggering! My uncle has done decades of research there.

That's fantastic. It's a wonderful place to work, though I have not been there for several seasons. Who is your uncle? It's possible I've bumped elbows with him, at least if he's American, British, or Cretan.

Welcome! :cheers:

Queen City native here.

Are you in the UC Classics Department? Impressive crowd over there, at least there was back in the 80s. I spent a lot of time at Blegen doing private research.

Send Skyline. Please.

Are you in the UC Classics Department? Impressive crowd over there, at least there was back in the 80s. I spent a lot of time at Blegen doing private research.

The crowd is still impressive, and several prominent members from the 80's are still around. Blegen has been my home away from home for the past 5 years. Outstanding research facility.

I would send Skyline, but like many non-native Cincy residents, I find it utterly repulsive! :laf: No worries though, that leaves more for the people who appreciate it!

Thank you everyone for the welcome. This place has been a joy to read for the past month or so, and it's nice to join in!

And King's Island.

Funny story. I ended up there once with a buddy on what turned out to be Gay Day. At least everyone there was friendly.

Welcome, and nice avatar! I know nothing about archeology and very little about Greek history, but it reminds me of the scene in Contempt with Fritz Lang where they're screening scenes from what's supposed to be his filming of The Odyssey.

Belated greetings!

I visit your area a couple times a year. Just across the border in Forence (Y'ALL)

Thanks again for all of the greetings. Florence, KY is a nice place to go to get away from Cincy for a bit of a rest. But I'm not sure is Skyline will ever grow on me! heh. Archaeology pro-tip: if it's marble and the subject is Greek, it's often a Roman copy of a Greek original. The Greeks worked largely in Bronze, of which only a miniscule fraction has survived. My avatar, however, is not Greek at all, but is the Deified Julius himself. :devil:

Glad you joined the party! I have a sister north of Cincy and I love Skyline. Didn't at first but it grew on me. :wave2:

Excellent!! I have the recipe pretty much nailed. I'll make some in July! It'll probably be just you and me, because Trin can't stand the stuff.

My avatar, however, is not Greek at all, but is the Deified Julius himself.

I thought he was orange??