Halah

Hello everyone!!

I just started lurking here and I thought,"What the heck", I should say, hello."

Just finished off my first bottle of absinthe, I was recommended, Lucid, and I rather liked it. But now it's gone and I'm ready to dive into something else...I'm hooked.

This site is a wealth of information and I look forward to maybe chatting with more of you in the future.

~Halah

Thanks so much!!! This place is great! So much to learn!

Hmmm...I wonder why my photo is not showing...can you see me???

Negatron. You've got your personal photo set, but now all you need is to set your avatar. Click "My Controls" at the top, and then Avatar settings on the left.

Cheers and welcome! :cheers:

:arrr: Hello, Halah, & welcome aboard! Where in the Sunshine State are you? I recently returned from my annual trek to the Tampa Bay area + Keys...

:arrr: Hello, Halah, & welcome aboard! Where in the Sunshine State are you? I recently returned from my annual trek to the Tampa Bay area + Keys...

I'm from just outside Tampa. How did you like it here?

Thanks guys! I loved my first bottle. It didn't stick around long.

Oh, no oil in sight as of yet, I'm hoping they get a cap on that thing!

Thanks!!!!I want to buy Jade's Edouard, but I will wait on that one for the future.

So, I might try La Clandestine.

What do you recommend?

Walton Waters and Meadow of Love available from Catskills Cellars is world class stuff. You'll be hard pressed to find better. Most here will agree. You also might enjoy the subtle and elegant Pacifique. La Clandestine is a very good blanche, but not as sophisticated and layered as these 3 vertes.

Mmmmm Lucid.. having some now.. trying to not drink my entire bottle in one week,. have you got hooked on the music on their web site? yay Nocturn!

Hubby in Seattle now checking out the selection they have. Wish I could find Kübler in Wash state :( OMG i am having to settle for WINE tonight. DOOMED i tell ya!

I agree with whoever recommended Clandestine. My first absinthe was Lucid, which I enjoyed very much. I picked up Clandestine last week and it was VERY different. Much more going on and, in my opinion, just plain better tasting! I don't have a refined palette, so I can't say "notes of oak and a finish of gym socks and whortleberry", but it has a busy flavor that I found very exciting!

I'm from just outside Tampa. How did you like it here?

I love it, it's like a second home to me. Lots of family & friends in the area: Sand Key, Largo, Indian Rocks...

May I recommend you invest in a bottle of Obsello; I believe DrinkUpNY ships to Florida. I never travel there without it...

:pirate: