1a-absinthe.com

Neuzeller Absinthes

Yeah, I've not heard anything good about these products. I'm not much of a believer in Spirits Competitions. Especially those who can give you a medal just because you paid the entry fee. ;)

I don't suppose anyone's had a taste of the malvales variety? While I have heard a fair number of negative comments about neuzeller, they mostly seem to be focused on the calendula and neue liebe, which both are colored with plants not usually associated with absinthe.

Malvales, though, Seems like a more traditional hibiscus-based rouge. I'm curious as to whether the malvales is as similarly bad as neue liebe and calendula apparently are, but right now a bottle of unsure absinthe is a bit outside of my safety area.

Just found some of these online and still wasn't sure if anyone had tried them, or had important information like "Does it louche?" :g:

That's a shame. Germany is one of those countries I'm hesitant about in general (for absinthe.)

The Eich 68 Limitee is good, I have a bottle sitting on my coffee table now. It's the cheapest good Absinthe I can buy. There are a few other variants of Eich that are maybe not to everyones taste. Apart from the Eichelberger anomaly the rest of Deutschlands absinthes are akin to paint stripper.

Eich sits about number 5 or so on my must have list.

How can the Czechs and Germans make such tasty beers, and so many bad absinthes? Ike n Martin Z being blatant exceptions.

On the good side, these two fine set of folks settled central Texas, leading to good breweries and a statewide obsession with kolaches.

Edited by Miguel

I as well am an Eich-liker. it's been a few years.

I'm an Eich-liker, but it never blossomed into a romance onacuz of the oddly waxy-tasting wormwood finish.