Sign in to follow this  
Quartermaster James

An intriguing phenomenon

Is it that I read this forum too often?

Is it that I read it while enjoying Absinthe?

Is it simply the nature of the Green Faery?

Or am I alone in having contracted Absinthe Acquisition Disorder?

Seriously, I have never before been compelled to acquire every given brand of a spirit available! Sure, I like my malt and my rhum, but I early on found my taste and stayed with it. My adventures, such as they were, consisted of the occasional purchase of a new (to me) brand or ordering same at the pub.

Is it that there is far less Absinthe than malt that I seem to seek to own one of each Absinthe available? I've seen the collection photos. I do know it's not just me.

Ach! It must be the feminine wiles of the Vixen Verte!

So, what's on your "must have" list?

I have a compulsive buying problem which explains my liquor collection. Luckily, I'm single, have no children and have a decent amount of expendable income to support my habits. :twitchsmile:

Nitrous mask, Pabst Blue Ribbon, and a certain Roy Orbison single.

I think he was asking about what absinthes are on your "must have" list Stompy.

I'd like the Eichelberger products and the C. A. Bugnon lineup. But, Ridge offerings are at the top of my list. Luc has a few things I'd like to try also.

Yup, I ain't quite right. :cheers:

I have a compulsive buying problem which explains my liquor collection. Luckily, I'm single, have no children and have a decent amount of expendable income to support my habits. :twitchsmile:

Bingo for me too. Except the single and no kids thing. :twitchsmile:

Nitrous mask, Pabst Blue Ribbon, and a certain Roy Orbison single.

I think he was asking about what absinthes are on your "must have" list Stompy.

Never try to upstage the Candy Coated Clown, wiseguy. :laugh: :cheers:

We're only here once gentlemen (or at least we don't remember being here more than that)

Live big, enjoy the world, be kind to everyone (yes, even assholes) and give back. Everyone wins, then all's well despite our craziness, and nobody can say shit about how many bottles we own. :cheers:

Is it that I read this forum too often?

Is it that I read it while enjoying Absinthe?

Is it simply the nature of the Green Faery?

Or am I alone in having contracted Absinthe Acquisition Disorder?

Seriously, I have never before been compelled to acquire every given brand of a spirit available! Sure, I like my malt and my rhum, but I early on found my taste and stayed with it. My adventures, such as they were, consisted of the occasional purchase of a new (to me) brand or ordering same at the pub.

Is it that there is far less Absinthe than malt that I seem to seek to own one of each Absinthe available? I've seen the collection photos. I do know it's not just me.

Ach! It must be the feminine wiles of the Vixen Verte!

So, what's on your "must have" list?

I think you are on to something about the aquisitions, mine in order, Pacique, a must have after dinner. Walton Waters, love that creamy feeling in my mouth. Nouvelle-Orleans, just something about it (must open another bottle) and PF 1901, I think the cloeset I'll get to pre ban and it is damn good.

Aye! Live big indeed!

My Pacifique arrived today (via NY, a pox on the OLCC!). It's just lovely. Just freaking lovely. Like a roll with your beloved on a chamomille lawn, like a Springtime sunrise on the dew of an alpine meadow...I am hard pressed to imagine how things get better from here, but still have the following on order and am awaiting arrival: Kübler 53 Swiss Absinthe Superieure, Duplais Swiss Absinthe Verte, Obsello Absinthe Verte, Philadelphia Distilling "Vieux Carre" Absinthe Superieure, Mansinthe Extrait d'Absinthe Suisse, Delaware Phoenix Meadow of Love Absinthe, Delaware Phoenix Walton Waters Absinthe. And still I am having to suppress the desire to tap into July's discretionary income (having already spent well beyond May on Absinthe) to place an order with Oxygenee for the Jades and a few others...

Aye! And I have requested it from my local store, and will continue to do so (a pox on the OLCC).

Still, the two stores I know of that carry it in Portland (which is not to say have it in stock) are far enough away that it makes more sense to order it with free shipping than to drive to them (and pay for parking in one case) (a pox on the OLCC).

Seriously. I should be able to buy Pacifique at my local Albertson's and Safeway (a pox on the OLCC).

Oh! And Marc, the Pacifique is truly lovely, everything I ever hoped Absinthe could be. I'll be serving it at an Absinthe station for private party in a couple of weeks.

I for one have the same problem. I think i might send myself to the poor house if I don't stop. I do enjoy the Marteau and Pacifique for light and pleasurable, like a summertime drink. When I want to get down and dirty I drink La Coquette, Roquette 1797, or Doubs Mystique, all of which have very distinct and stong flavor profiles imo.

I completely understand. I only really started appreciating Absinthe about a month ago. I already have six different bottles and I have the two Delaware Phoenix offerings on the way. I have convinced myself that once I get the PF 1901 and a bottle of La Coquette (I admit that I mostly just like the label) that I am done for a while... but I know it aint so...

I for one have the same problem. I think i might send myself to the poor house if I don't stop. I do enjoy the Marteau and Pacifique for light and pleasurable, like a summertime drink. When I want to get down and dirty I drink La Coquette, Roquette 1797, or Doubs Mystique, all of which have very distinct and stong flavor profiles imo.

See! Now you've done it! Now I have another order to place! :cheers:

I completely understand. I only really started appreciating Absinthe about a month ago. I already have six different bottles and I have the two Delaware Phoenix offerings on the way. I have convinced myself that once I get the PF 1901 and a bottle of La Coquette (I admit that I mostly just like the label) that I am done for a while... but I know it aint so...

Ohhhh man...get ready for La Coquette!!! It is the Jim Bean of Absinthes, in a good way. Can anyone suggest maybe something more pronounced than La Coquette, I'm always on the prowl for something with a little more edge.

I am waiting for Ridge that is probably #1 on my to buy list when it becomes available. Other than that La Coquette, La Désirée , and Perroquet are also on my list.

In the last two months I ordered 5 absinthes.... and one is yet to be opened (La Clandestine), plus one that I brought from France that I don't know if I should open or not (Lemercier 72%).

The problem is that I like other boozes as well (cognac, wine, strong liqueur like Chartreuse and Cointreau)...... in addition, because I am Brazilian I have to have a stash of cachaça, because everyone wants to try when I talk about.... So, my booze cabinet is getting full and full...

as for wife, I don't have this "problem" anymore..... children I have, and they do need my money yet.....

cheers,

- Marcelo

I didn't think Lemercier was actually that bad. I actually wouldn't mind having it again in the future. It is also great to use in any of the many absinthe cocktails.

I want pre-ban, every last remaining drop in the world!

I'm sure if we all pooled our money together we could have one hell of a pre-ban louche fest!