Hi! I wanted to thank everyone here for there great information. I am getting ready to try absinthe again, and hopefully this time will be far more pleasant than bitter-burnt-sugar-meets-gasoline I had with an old boyfriend in the late 1990's.

Thanks to the advice here, I now have a bottle of Vieux Carre that is taunting me to open it before the wedding. (has anyone here flown domestically in the US with an opened bottle? I know it would need taped and sealed, but will the TSA confiscate it if it's been opened and partially consumed?)

See, I am running off to Vegas and getting married in May, and for the brave, there will be DITAs for the toast in the limo. :cheers:

Without the great advice here, I would have never had the courage to pick up another bottle, let alone incorporate it into our 1920's "speakeasy" theme. ('cause I have a feeling there were still a few bottles of pre-ban to be had in the good ones, and up until a few year ago, it was STILL an "outlaw" beverage)

If this goes over well, when we have our big reception back home, I will also get a fountain and serve it in the classic style as well. :yahoo:

Thanks!

Will do on the avatar. I didn't even think about the artemisia connection when I signed up.."artemiss" is my online ID pretty much everywhere, and has been for years, chances are good that if if you've ran into another English-speaking "artemiss" on the interwebz, it's me. :)

How about a pit bull in a fairy wings and a tutu? :laugh:

Gday, they are a brainy lot (well when it comes to Absinthe anyway). I'm pretty sure that when they're not making or drinking Absinthe then they are licking windows or eating crayons. :cheers:

Will do on the avatar. I didn't even think about the artemisia connection when I signed up.."artemiss" is my online ID pretty much everywhere, and has been for years, chances are good that if if you've ran into another English-speaking "artemiss" on the interwebz, it's me.

Nope. We have another Artemis (without the extra "s"). I think there are other differences, too. ;)

Have fun and pick out an avatar that represents your personality well. We will figure out the rest. :cheers:

(has anyone here flown domestically in the US with an opened bottle? I know it would need taped and sealed, but will the TSA confiscate it if it's been opened and partially consumed?)

As long as it is in your checked baggage, you should be fine... I always have been.

Welcome Artemiss! Congrats on your new absinthe journey. Also the wedding. As for the TSA, who knows with those clowns. They cut the lock off my bag when I was leaving the country, just so they could get a peek at my goods. They really just make it up as they go sometimes, so I would fully expect the worst if you take your booze on the road! Perhaps just split it into a smaller bottle to take with you.

Edit: A flight attendant once had a conniption fit because I had a bottle of vodka with me in the cabin. It was a gift to me as a groomsman from a wedding I was in, and I surely wasn't going to put it in my checked bag for the airline buffoons to smash all to hell. This was before the 3oz liquid ban. But the flight attendant was like, "you better not open that."

Welcome, Artemiss! :cheers:

I'm sorry, but your screen name just feels wrong on an absinthe forum, no matter how long you may have used it on various other fora, and no matter how many 's' s it ends with.

The original Artemis has been a vital contributor on many levels to the absinthe community for more than twelve years now, and if I were you (which I'm obviously not), I would take that under avisement, and choose another screen persona...just my two cents. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome!

:wave2:

Nope. We have another Artemis (without the extra "s").

Exactly ;)

As long as it is in your checked baggage, you should be fine... I always have been.

Ahh, good to know..thanks!

Although Ron, you do make a good point..who knows with those yo-yos...I guess I will wait to sample it til I get there, that way if it gets taken on the way back, it's a minor hassle, not a big deal. (hey, we're there a couple of days before the wedding..hehe)

I would take that under avisement, and choose another screen persona...just my two cents.
This from the clown with the dwindling post count. :tongue: Having lived my life with a name shared by millions, I'd say, "Screw it." Arte-miss is obviously not Artemis and I'm sure your distinct personality (and avatar) will make it clear.

(Although Artemis as a dog with butterfly wings is pretty damn funny!)

Thanks, Joe.

If it really is gonna be a problem, I will just fade back into the woodwork and refrain from posting.

Truth be told, my real name is more common as a screenname (and usually peddling 'adult only' spam, I'm sad to say) than "artemiss" has ever been...I have only seen it taken once since the late 90's when I joined the world-wide-web, and that was by a Greek musician, hence my "English-speaking" reference.

I don't want to offend, but I'm really bad at coming up with new identities...it took me a week to come up with that one..

Edited by artemiss

If it really is gonna be a problem,
That's very gracious of you but I think everything is going to be just fine. The clown gets a little goofy when he forgets to take his Geritol. ;)
Funny, I've never met anyone named Legate before. :tongue:
It's funny until we meet, then it just becomes a little disappointing. What can I say?
As you can see this place is full of sober serious types. ;)
And I can't wait to meet them. :cheerz:

Bem Vindo.... Saúde ! :cheers:

Even though I am also new here, I figured that now I have to look if there is an "s" at the end of the screen name as well........ just need to put my glasses on : B)

as regarding an Avatar that represents personality, I am also thinking what to do.... so far I have my real pic and sign with my real name...... or "mgs" which are the initials of my real name....

have fun around here, people are really nice, as you will quickly see....

tchau,

- Marcelo

Hello & welcome to the WS! Don't worry about similar names, I don't believe I've ever seen a dog with a tutu + fairy wings for an avatar before...