Sign in to follow this  
Jack Griffin

Because of you guys!

Here's what's happened because of you. Grande Absente is NOT on the table. Seriously, WS had made me very very happy, and I've thrown myself into the absinthe world. The 6 friends who come monthly also share this sentiment. I'm set for a while it seems, and am broke now, but feel very fortunate to have this many diverse bottles. Here's what's in my stash thanks to your advice, wisdom and reviews. All worthy stuff I must say. Tax refund made this possible. It has to last for quite some time.

stash2010.jpg

I just placed a rather nice order today as well nothing near this though, this is a nice stash! I know exactly how you feel, though. When I first got educated about absinthe it seems like all my money went towards it........ actually not much has changed! Enjoy the fine spirits my friend! :cheers:

My stash has since dwindled

seeing one like that makes me want to get another one going but I don't think I could put up with the 3 months of being broke thing :blush: or maybe I could! :tongue:

I havent ordered any in a while

Seriously, I haven't had a stash like that since...forever. :cheers:

Same here -- I saw that photo and thought "man, I'd like to have 5 bottles of DP ... in my LIFETIME"

Nice collection! I see you finally got a bottle of Kübler :devil:

Guys, to be clear...I'm out of my mind. If tax season wasn't kind to me, that table would have been sparse. I loaded up, and the plan is to buy a few bottles per year at this point to keep it slowly growing. Frankly, to really learn about this stuff, you need to dive in and try a lot of it to discover the secrets. I'm now able to detect several of the herbals and how they shape things, in addition to telling the difference between Star and green anise not only in speed of louche but flavor as well. The complexity and layering of different absinthes is a merger of science and art. Something I find is shared with my journey as a guitar maker.

I wanted to get up to speed, and feel that I've had a great start thanks to several samples swaps, some generous members saying "here, just try these" and all of your sound advice. The photo was not to show off....it was to show that all your kindness and time was not wasted...that I've taken up a calling here and am spreading the word.

4 of my friends have now ordered their own bottles, fountains, and accessories. The pre-ban tasting party is Monday night....after that, I'll have these guys hooked for life, then THEY'LL start spreading the magic too.

Best, Scott

That's right, spread the magic. That's what it's all about (not the hokey pokey). :thumbup:

Aye! These folks are awful! :cheers:

Seems like every time I read the forum I become convinced of another bottle I have to order!

Nice shot. I hope to have a table like that myself. Well, not the table per se, we, you know...

Its amazing! my collection looks exactly the same! minus about 19 bottles, other than that its the mirror image ;)

Guys, to be clear...I'm out of my mind.

Yeah, that's what I tell myself too. ;)

Yes, I tend to think that too, but since I always moan it when inputting my card's pin (5843 btw) at Vert d'Absinthe, Luc is very comforting "no, no, it's fine, you're passionate, that's all".

I always moan it when inputting my card's pin at Vert d'Absinthe

Funny that. I just sent Luc a small order.

Great start! ~Salute~

But whether you stock up in bulk or order onesy’s and twosy’s over time, enjoying absinthe and WS are all that matter, regardless of how quick or slow one puts their toes in (or leaps head first for that matter!)

Cheers to you all!