#1 mgs

mgs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:25 AM

Do you know the Urban Dictionary ?

Urban Dictionary

it is an american slang resource over the internet.

You can have fun, for example, start by typing your own name there to get a definition....

then, type "absinthe".... there are many pages for definitions of absinthe, some serious, other just crap.

Maybe the WS could put some entries there to help people get informed and be redirected to the WS webpage.

Cheers,

- Marcelo :thumbup:

#2 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,131 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:35 AM

I'm not sure the Wormwood Society will be making any entries on a joke dictionary. It just invites trouble, especially since anyone can add an entry. My buddy Quang wrote an entry for his name years ago, then his friends have added some since then.

We'll probably just stick to getting the message out through respectable channels!

Be careful. UrbanDictionary is addictive for childish folks like myself. Check out the Cleveland Steamroller and keep going from there. Angry Pirate.
Every hour is green hour. -Hedonmonkey

Sometimes bad just gets so bad that it breaks thru to the other side and becomes good. - Phoenix

#3 mgs

mgs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:39 AM

for each definition in this dictionary, people vote, so there are the number of votes in favor and against each definition. Just for fun I typed wormwood to see the best definition :

================A plant presrcibed by Hippocrates back in the day for jaundice, rheumatism, anemia, and menstrual pains. Has a bitter taste. Has been used for 3500 years to get rid of intestinal worms. It's real name is Absinthium which celebrates it's more known use in Absinthe. It's also known as vermouth.Person: What makes that Absinthe taste so bad?
Bartender: The wormwood.
Person: Then why does Vermouth taste so good?
Bartender: Vermouth doesn't have wormwood in it, it's a German translation of wormwood.
================

so, a new entry in wormwood in this dictionary could give a better information, and even tell people about the Wormwood Society.

- Marcelo
1. wormwood 31 up, 3 down##buy wormwood mugs, tshirts and magnetsA plant presrcibed by Hippocrates back in the day for jaundice, rheumatism, anemia, and menstrual pains. Has a bitter taste. Has been used for 3500 years to get rid of intestinal worms. It's real name is Absinthium which celebrates it's more known use in Absinthe. It's also known as vermouth.1. wormwood 31 up, 3 down##buy wormwood mugs, tshirts and magnetsA plant presrcibed by Hippocrates back in the day for jaundice, rheumatism, anemia, and menstrual pains. Has a bitter taste. Has been used for 3500 years to get rid of intestinal worms. It's real name is Absinthium which celebrates it's more known use in Absinthe. It's also known as vermouth.1. wormwood 31 up, 3 down##buy wormwood mugs, tshirts and magnetsA plant presrcibed by Hippocrates back in the day for jaundice, rheumatism, anemia, and menstrual pains. Has a bitter taste. Has been used for 3500 years to get rid of intestinal worms. It's real name is Absinthium which celebrates it's more known use in Absinthe. It's also known as vermouth.

#4 mgs

mgs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:41 AM

I went there today after someone suggested "abrutis" in another thread.....

#5 mgs

mgs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:51 AM

Be careful. UrbanDictionary is addictive for childish folks like myself.

what became addictive for childish folks like myself was the Akinator :

Akinator

you just think of someone, alive, dead, real, fiction, family, it does not matter.... The software tells who you thought (as long as you answer the questions correctly). I had a hard time to find characters that Akinator did not find. Even Johnny Walker he got it right !!!!

- Marcelo

#6 mgs

mgs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:04 AM

Akinator just guessed correctly the Green Fairy with me... and it was played only 14 times !!!

- M

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association