• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mgs

mgs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:51 PM

maybe this forum is more informed about many things related to drinking, food and all these pleasures of life....

but, I am amazed that when I prepare cashew juice, or use cashew juice in something (dessert for example), most people do not know that cashew is a fruit, with a nut outside...... and I have to explain that each cashew has just ONE nut, but we still have the whole fruit to eat, have juices, desserts or ice creams....

I have a picture of cashew (fruit) but don't know how to post here, it seems that in this forum we need a URL for an image file...... anyway type on google "caju fruta" and select "images" that you will see what I am talking about....

cheers,

- Marcelo

#2 Gruene Fee

Gruene Fee

• PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:16 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"The collective strength of our Bullshit Detectors is practically a force of nature." -Gwydion

#3 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:28 PM

There isn't a thing about those photos that looks appealing! I mean, the first one looked similar to a very ripe mango, which I suppose isn't too bad. But the second one looked a bit like red bell peppers that had gone a bit off. And don't get me started on that last picture.

Testicles.
Every hour is green hour. -Hedonmonkey

Sometimes bad just gets so bad that it breaks thru to the other side and becomes good. - Phoenix

#4 mgs

mgs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:10 PM

raw cashew fruit is strange, it "sticks on the tongue" because it has a lot of tannin. It is good on juices, desserts, ice creams, "caipirinha de caju" and so on...

Today I had a party and I brought "cashew juice" .... everyone liked.....

Cheers,

- Marcelo

PS: The nuts must be roasted before eating...

---- Hey, can someone tell me how to post pictures on this forum ???? Do we need an URL with direct address to a JPG or GIF file ? Why can we not just post from a file in our computer ?

#5 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,274 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:20 PM

Sorry, we're short on server space. I just backed up over 200 MB of images, and those are just from before 2008.

Maker of Marteau Absinthe
Master Distiller, Gnostalgic Spirits Distillery
www.absinthemarteau.com
Confessions of an Absinthiste

#6 mgs

mgs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:59 PM

what happened with this thread ? we had some discussion about "fenny" (and I was actually very interested on that, since I learned about a new drink that seemed interesting). Robison posted his evaluation of his bottle of Fenny.

However, the posts disappeared....

:huh:

- Marcelo

#7 mgs

mgs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:02 PM

ah..... an Administrator has moved the discussion.... I did not notice.... We were on the thread of "cashew", then "fenny".... and it was moved to "feni".... I did not pay attention that there was a cut and paste of our conversation into another existing topic.

thanks...

- Marcelo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association