• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mgs

mgs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:51 PM

maybe this forum is more informed about many things related to drinking, food and all these pleasures of life....

but, I am amazed that when I prepare cashew juice, or use cashew juice in something (dessert for example), most people do not know that cashew is a fruit, with a nut outside...... and I have to explain that each cashew has just ONE nut, but we still have the whole fruit to eat, have juices, desserts or ice creams....

I have a picture of cashew (fruit) but don't know how to post here, it seems that in this forum we need a URL for an image file...... anyway type on google "caju fruta" and select "images" that you will see what I am talking about....

cheers,

- Marcelo

#2 Gruene Fee

Gruene Fee

• PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:16 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"The collective strength of our Bullshit Detectors is practically a force of nature." -Gwydion

#3 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4136 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:28 PM

There isn't a thing about those photos that looks appealing! I mean, the first one looked similar to a very ripe mango, which I suppose isn't too bad. But the second one looked a bit like red bell peppers that had gone a bit off. And don't get me started on that last picture.

Testicles.
Every hour is green hour. -Hedonmonkey

Sometimes bad just gets so bad that it breaks thru to the other side and becomes good. - Phoenix

#4 mgs

mgs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:10 PM

raw cashew fruit is strange, it "sticks on the tongue" because it has a lot of tannin. It is good on juices, desserts, ice creams, "caipirinha de caju" and so on...

Today I had a party and I brought "cashew juice" .... everyone liked.....

Cheers,

- Marcelo

PS: The nuts must be roasted before eating...

---- Hey, can someone tell me how to post pictures on this forum ???? Do we need an URL with direct address to a JPG or GIF file ? Why can we not just post from a file in our computer ?

#5 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11354 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:20 PM

Sorry, we're short on server space. I just backed up over 200 MB of images, and those are just from before 2008.

Maker of Marteau Absinthe and Foxtrot London Dry Gin

Please don't forget to sign up for our newsletter, and consider a subscription donation.
Every bit helps the further development of the site and future events.

#6 mgs

mgs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:59 PM

what happened with this thread ? we had some discussion about "fenny" (and I was actually very interested on that, since I learned about a new drink that seemed interesting). Robison posted his evaluation of his bottle of Fenny.

However, the posts disappeared....

:huh:

- Marcelo

#7 mgs

mgs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:02 PM

ah..... an Administrator has moved the discussion.... I did not notice.... We were on the thread of "cashew", then "fenny".... and it was moved to "feni".... I did not pay attention that there was a cut and paste of our conversation into another existing topic.

thanks...

- Marcelo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association