ignis

Gday from an Aussie in deutschland

Gday everyone, as my thread title explains I am an Australian living in Germany I moved here about 6 months ago to marry my Deutsch frau. I have always been intrigued by the tales of absinthe and was drawn to it by the fairytales of wormwood psychoactive effects, I have subsequently found those tales to be not quite accurate but I do not begrudge those who spout that rubbish as it led me to the great world of absinthe.

I am by no means experienced in absinthe and to date have only tried a few brands and they ranged from 'not absinthe' to 'middle class' absinthe with one exception. I have two bottles that I will be trying next week, those being a Brevans A.O.Spare and a Vieux Pontarlier. I am looking forward to trying both these as I've read reviews for both and they sound very promising.

You have a great site here with a wealth of knowledge that I have been wading through for the last couple of days. I look forward to getting to know the characters here a little better and learning from you all.

Cheers :cheers:

Gutten tag and g'day! You've got a couple of nice absinthes that should make up for your mediocre experiences thus far! :cheers:

Edited by Green Baron

Bruce?

Bruce.

HA! thats exactly like Christmas lunch at my house!!

HI BRUCE !

Ok bugger it, just call me Bruce :wave2: . Gday I teach Hegelian philiosophy at the University of Flensberg in Deutschland ha. I recieved my masters of bullshit years ago and now I am putting it to full use. :cheers:

Gutten tag and g'day! You've got a couple of nice absinthes that should make up for your mediocre experiences thus far! :cheers:

Guten tag Green baron. Wie geht es dir? I am eagerly awaiting this following week to try the absinthes, a friend and I are sitting down for a new experience morgen or Dienstag. I plan to do a review aimed at new absinthe drinkers like myself to give a new perspective other than the experienced reviews that i have read on this site. Mine will be very basic and I'll avoid trying to sound as if i know what I'm talking about. It'll just follow the same criteria as the members have here, what it looks like what aromas and what taste..eg green, anise and licorice ;)

:cheers:

I teach Hegelian philiosophy at the University of Flensberg in Deutschland

I don't know which masters of bullshit you got, but if you teach Hegelian philosophy that is really cool...

I am interested a lot on Jürgen Habermas work......

cheers,

- Marcelo

I teach Hegelian philiosophy at the University of Flensberg in Deutschland

I don't know which masters of bullshit you got, but if you teach Hegelian philosophy that is really cool...

I am interested a lot on Jürgen Habermas work......

cheers,

- Marcelo

No, that was bullshit too :laugh: . I was a mid level manager for a consultant company for water management in Australia and now I work as a part time kitchen hand here in Deutschland whilst I study.(my wife is a dentist so that gives me a certain range of freedom) so as you can see my career is going ahead leaps and bounds :rolleyes: ,

however Hegelian philosophy (or to more precise the hegelian dialectic) and its application by modern politics and the press is something I have been interested in for years. agenda> create problem> create reason> offer solution.

Edited by ignis

Welcome indeed! I shall be visiting your adopted land here in a few weeks myself. 'Tis always delightful when people from around the globe can connect and share a common passion: an excellent drink, and pleasant conversation. May you find the Wormwood Society helps you with both!

Hey Hegelian Philosopher :

I was in your country in 1996 for the World Solar Challenge.... I built a solar car, 8m x 2m. It was a team of 6 students and 3 professors of University of São Paulo (Brazil). I designed the whole electronics for that solar powered car...

we entered in the competition that goes from Darwin to Adelaide, through Stuart Highway....

Even though we did not win anything, it was one of the great experiences in my life. Hope to go back to Australian again to eat kangaroo steak with beer......

....... driving in Australia almost killed me....... :wheelchair:

- Marcelo

thanks all! I'm just sitting down now and 'sampling' the Vieux Pontarlier and Brevans now.

PS pssst buddhasynth..Willkommen has two l's like 'spelling fascist' ha

Edited by ignis