I heard dharma delivers now.

Yeah, they used to drop it from the sky, but unfortunately it stopped showing up sometime around Season 3.

Oh well...with the Frozen Donkey Wheel at the bottom of the well you should never run out of ice ;)

I was at Binny's Beverage Depot in the South Loop store in Chicago yesterday and saw Jade N-O on the shelf for $119.99. I didn't pick up a bottle, but I was reminded of this conversation. (They also had Vieux Pontarlier, Sirene, Kübler, Clandestine, Pacifique, and lesser products as well. I got the Kübler.)

Of course, Jade N-O has also been at DrinkupNY for $110.99 for almost a year, and qualifies for free shipping.

Yeah Ken the Binny's locations have a pretty good selection of absinthe. Too bad for the sales tax though as I still buy large orders of booze from Drinkupny

BTW, some folks here seem to have some issues with TB...I'm curious what is the history and issues.

To me, the absinthe he makes is very high quality, and it seems he was a key player in some manner in getting absinthe introduced here.... He was quite polite in a couple PMs to me here as well.

Are there issues that you old timers have that I'm not aware of?

TB.....good man... good father..........

But really, his accomplishments are quite admirable

A few years ago, some in the US absinthe community found Ted to be egotistical and dismissive of other US absinthe makers. But even they would admit that the Jades were the best commercially available absinthes. And he certainly wasn't the only cooker with a huge ego.

Yes but would you have Ted sacrifice quality for affordability? I'm not sure Breaux would be able to produce the Jade line and sell it for $70. At their current price, $85 would be a deal. I'm not implying that absinthe cannot be made and sold for less, it's just that the Jades are reproductions of vintage absinthes and produced in antique alembic stills.

"To 'refine' or modernize our absinthes in the typical industrial fashion would be to negate their authenticity, which is unfair to the discriminating connoisseur, and equally unacceptable to us."- vintageabsinthe.com

You are right that $85 would be a great price. If you do the math the Jades from Absinthe Classics works out to that price (three bottles) shipping included