That was the impression I had as well...he strikes me a bit as a passionate mad scientist. My experience is that movers and shakers can't make everyone happy, and that in order to get stuff done, one needs to create a bit of noise. Then once everyone benefits, some start to be critical. I find smart people usually know this and take it for what it really is...the challenge of doing things requires out of the box thinking, and often that meets with disapproval from some.

I've rattled a few cages too in the guitar world, and I remember people who were at it longer than me saying things like "who does he think he is...he's so new at this" etc... when my guitars made it into books and magazines, and when I started writing a feature column in a guitar mag. I was younger then and that stuff hurt me. I was simply passionate and loved to make and restore guitars! Now I just understand that some people just like to grumble.

I shall enjoy the two jades that are on their way.

-Scott

I think those that had issues with Ted either grew up or moved on. Dr. O comes to mind as one of those that just moved on. I don't purchase his offerings very often, but he did help make it possible for some great brands to be available in the US, to that I drink!

:cheerz:

Yeah, his contributions, and continued contributions, really did help us to enjoy the absinthes we have right now. But on top of that, he makes good booze.

Oh pish posh. Everybody knows Ted is a pompous arrogant rockstar who surrounds himself with yes-men, he overcharges cuz he can, his booze is outrageously overrated and grotesquely overpriced.

Oh yeah, and it's not Real Absinthe, it's just playing pretend. :puke:

Just ask anyone who hasn't tried any Jades! :laugh: :dev-cheers:

why jade are more expensive :

Ted got money for his work

combier got money to rent the still

LDF got money to distribute jade .

grower get money to grow on exact specification

end of story ™

Edited by EdouardPerneau

BTW, some folks here seem to have some issues with TB...To me, the absinthe he makes is very high quality, and it seems he was a key player in some manner in getting absinthe introduced here....

Yes, Ted Breaux makes very good absinthe.

Yes, Ted has played an important role in the absinthe revival.

Yes, some people have "issues" with Ted. I am not one of them. If he makes a fortune off the Jades, more power to him. I'm looking forward to seeing PF 1901 and Edouard available here in the States.

I don't believe Lucid is considered a Jade.

True, but it still has Ted's name on it.

Yes, but the statement quoted applied to Jade absinthes. Lucid is a different brand, distributed via a different channel. Thats like saying that the same quality and performance objectives that apply to a Lexus ought to apply to a Corolla because they're both owned by Toyota.

My experience is that movers and shakers can't make everyone happy, and that in order to get stuff done, one needs to create a bit of noise.

PF1901 has sure made a lot of noise. It was a balsy move on his part but I"m glad someone did it. I still haven't tried it yet.

It's pretty damned good stuff. One of my favorites. To be honest, it is a yang to the wonderful

yins from Delaware Phoenix. Those three alone could be my desert Island vertes, though I'm not expecting that scenario to actually come to pass. (I might have to sneak a large bottle of Duplais Balance onto that island as well...) I prefer a vast selection on the island I DO live on!

I would be 100% being stuck on a deserted island with top quality absinthe. Heck that almost sounds like living the good life to me! No worries just absinthe and fish. I'm sure one could survive for quite a while under those conditions

I'm going to have to louche up a glass after reading all this...I've tried a lot of absinthes, but I've yet to find one to beat the PF 1901.

I say we find an island for sale and all donate money towards buying it and have a Wormwood Society Private Island. I'm sure we could brew up some pretty nice absinthe given there were good enough conditions to grow everything we needed. Think Richard Branson is looking to sell his island any time soon?

I'm going to have to louche up a glass after reading all this...I've tried a lot of absinthes, but I've yet to find one to beat the PF 1901.

Please don't start this debate again about that . For me there is one that beat jade PF1901 called Jade Edouard

Perhaps I'm the only one that don't like PF1901. But : Tout les goûts sont dans la nature

No worries. Of course this is a matter of personal preference. You are not the only one who is not a fan of 1901, and for what it's worth, I think the Edouard is right up there as well.

Cheers.

In order :

Verte suisse 06 I don't have the chance to retaste is yet

N-O 06 version

Edouard 06

since I don't like PF1901 is not an option for me to pay 110$ for it when I could get Edouard at the same price :)

And where would you get ice? Cold water? Unless it's the Lost island...

I would be 100% being stuck on a deserted island with top quality absinthe. Heck that almost sounds like living the good life to me! No worries just absinthe and fish. I'm sure one could survive for quite a while under those conditions