Even though I own a bottle of each Jade I do not foresee replenishing my stock anytime soon. I will milk them for many years to come. $110 a bottle is a ridiculous price for anyone to pay. There are many US brands available now that IMO are nearly as good and substantially more affordable. You would think that with all the competition lately that Ted would lower his prices. ;)

They've been trying for a while now, for many reasons, to bring the Jades over. It's a distinct possibility, but there's always quite a bit of secrecy around the brand, also for many reasons.

I can't imagine them doing well in the US at that price...we'll see what happens. I'd love to buy a couple of these

as regulars if the prices were right. For me, the magic number is in the $70 range...so many top brands at that price.

I think they'd do great in the US. They do fine now, and that's with their price PLUS the outrageous cost of international shipping. I took advantage of LdF's December free shipping promotion. They really are yummy.

That sounds about right. Kamal is about to get much busier.

Edit: Oooh! I like the new label for the Verte Suisse!

I took advantage of LdF's December free shipping promotion.

Maybe I'm the only one who missed this so far, but LdF is running the free shipping again on orders over £100.

I'd love to buy a couple of these as regulars if the prices were right. For me, the magic number is in the $70 range...so many top brands at that price.

I fully agree $70-$74 a bottle would be a nice price for them, but would Ted be able to keep up with the increased demand? Think about how many people would purchase a Jade more frequently if the price were dropped.

Yes but would you have Ted sacrifice quality for affordability? I'm not sure Breaux would be able to produce the Jade line and sell it for $70. At their current price, $85 would be a deal. I'm not implying that absinthe cannot be made and sold for less, it's just that the Jades are reproductions of vintage absinthes and produced in antique alembic stills.

"To 'refine' or modernize our absinthes in the typical industrial fashion would be to negate their authenticity, which is unfair to the discriminating connoisseur, and equally unacceptable to us."- vintageabsinthe.com

Have at it.

Edit: Link removed on my own accord. Might not have been polite to kick it out there for everyone to see.

Edited by precenphix

"To 'refine' or modernize our absinthes in the typical industrial fashion would be to negate their authenticity, which is unfair to the discriminating connoisseur, and equally unacceptable to us."- vintageabsinthe.com

So Lucid is acceptable? ;)

Considering the quality of absinthes these days - these better come down in price or sales will hurt. I'd buy two bottles at $80 and drink them often but I'd only buy 1 at $110 and make it last. I assume the more bottles sold the better? $110 bottles sitting on a shelf in a store can't help Jade's bottom line...

Edited by Jim Francis

I'm positive sales will only improve, and at the very worst, remain the same. I mean, people will still buy the Jades, especially without the cost of international shipping. That will be a major incentive. And the money saved on shipping can go toward more booze.

Two bottles are $180 - still looking at $90 a bottle with free shipping. That's in a range I would consider. But there's so much good US absinthe I haven't tried yet. I have about 5 on my list before I buy something I've already had.

Edited by Jim Francis

$50 a liter sounds good

Anyone know the profit margin on the jades?

Edited by Zzz

Profit margin would be the concern of the seller. Being a consumer, I buy what I choose regardless of the profit margin. JMHO

Sorry, I reckon I should have answered your question but I don't know anyone's profit margin. :cheers:

Actually, it was $86 per bottle for the jades with free shipping. That's pretty good.

BTW, some folks here seem to have some issues with TB...I'm curious what is the history and issues.

To me, the absinthe he makes is very high quality, and it seems he was a key player in some manner in getting absinthe introduced here.... He was quite polite in a couple PMs to me here as well.

Are there issues that you old timers have that I'm not aware of?

It's probably best to search through the old threads instead of revisiting old news. For most people, Ted is highly regarded and so is his absinthe. I have nothing bad to say about him.