chadao

New kid on the block

Hey all,

I've been interested in and reading about Absinthe for a few years but the unfavorable exchange rates and high cost had kept me from jumping in until now. I live in PA so shipping alcohol is a problem too, so just recently due to the unbanning one upper-scale PA Wine and Spirits shops actually had a decent selection. I picked up a bottle of Vieux Carre due the fairly universal praise and, from what I can tell, decently high standards and attention to detail. I have been smitten! Absolutely loved it!

Aside from Absinthe I'm actually very into tea and have been for over 15 years, I work with growers and vendors from China, Japan, and India to source and enjoy some of the best hand picked and processed teas in the world. I also enjoy art and create and collect everything from fine art to urban vinyl art toys.

I have a lot to learn and explore and look forward to it!

Hi there, neighbor! Welcome aboard the good ship WS. Take your coat off! Stay a while!

Yet another member from PA. Maestro, we're gaining on you. ;)

Welcome! :cheers:

You're off to a beautiful start with Vieux Carre. Unfortunately, though, it's the only really great absinthe available on the shelf in PA. Try ordering from Drink Up New York (DUNY). They offer free shipping on orders over $100 and it's no problem for them to ship to PA. They also carry some of the best absinthes around--Pacifique, Marteau, Clandestine, etc.

Happy louching!

I read the thread title, and shuddered in horror.

Then I realized you probably weren't another one of them. :laugh:

I read the thread title, and shuddered in horror.

Then I realized you probably weren't another one of them. :laugh:

;) Far, far, from it.

Thanks for all the welcomes. And I truly thought no one shipped alcohol to PA due to our lovely controlled system, I know I can't order wine ever. My next step is to find a nice set of glasses and brouilleurs, although my small hand blown white wine glass and custom made "spoon" have been serving me well so far. If anyone knows of a decently priced outlet for them with inexpensive shipping, that would be great!

:cheers:

PA is strange when it comes to ordering out-of-state. Wine seems to be a bigger problem than liquor. But as long as there's no stipulation from the place of purchase *specifically* barring them from shipping to PA, you're in the clear. They don't want to get nailed with fines or write-ups any more than you do...