bksmithey

Leopold Bros Absinthe

The thought has crossed my mind. Moreso at my last job than my current one, thankfully. :twitchsmile:

Edited by baubel

Ok, folks. Here's a site that will deliver, and their prices are fair.

They have our Abinsthe in 750 and 375 ml, and quite a few spirits from the rest of our line, including our just released Small Batch American Whiskey and our American Orange Liqueur.

Cheers....

Total Beverage online

As an aside, I was in a Total in Georgia last week and noticed a few of the Leopold offerings, including Joe's fav. And of course I bought some. I'm pretty thankful that Joe was willing to share his Leopold stash during Green Week!

40673_10150225433560247_505500246_13994494_5429161_n.jpg

39014_10150225433635247_505500246_13994495_6970674_n.jpg

A surprise package arrived from the heartland of America with two precious gifts enclosed. :wave2:

Hmmm. Looks like I need to invite Ron over more often. ;)

Oh, it wasn't me! I was just being excited with Joe!

Edit: But now I feel like a douche for not having sent a package from Georgia! Thanks, man. ;)

I'm pretty thankful that Joe was willing to share his Leopold stash during Green Week!

As am I! Those are some tasty drinks.

It's no secret that Todd, OMG_Bill & BKSmithey all helped me with that score a few months ago. All are gentlemen of the highest caliber. I was delighted to share my good fortune. :cheers:

Oh, it wasn't me! I was just being excited with Joe!

Edit: But now I feel like a douche for not having sent a package from Georgia! Thanks, man. ;)

Ehh, now I feel like a douche fer suggesting that. Bad form. I'm sorry about that.

Joe always has been generous with his food and drink. I'll never forget him pouring me a cordial glass of Perique back when it's future was unknown, and I hadn't asked for some, just remarked at how it was awesome that he still had some. They know how to host.

I now have a craving for Leopold's Blackberry Liqeur.

That was some good stuff! <----- My official review.

Edited by Phoenix

Indeed you must! The blackberry liqueur is only 20% so it deceptively sippable! Be warned.

They know how to host.

That they do. We were sitting around late one night, I think either the night before the Green Hour and Pig Roast, or maybe the night of, and glasses of absinthe started making their way around the circle. Joe and Jules are way generous with Strong 68 too, I'm just saying. So when it arrived in my hand, I took one for the team and drank the whole glass in a single gulp. I did it so no one else would have to suffer. Then came around another glass of absinthe, and I asked if I should drink the whole thing again. "NOOO!" they all screamed. This was the first glass of preban to make it's way around.

They surely know how to host.

That was some good stuff!

Todd should put that on the label. Joe's got an interesting tagline for his Silvertip Gin, but unfortunately it's not on the bottle.

As an aside, I was in a Total in Georgia last week and noticed a few of the Leopold offerings, including Joe's fav. And of course I bought some. I'm pretty thankful that Joe was willing to share his Leopold stash during Green Week!

You know, it's funny that I was in Georgia this past weekend, and I was in this very store on Monday!

Glad you all enjoy them.

Ron, have you ever been to Holeman and Finch?

No I haven't, but I just checked out their website and they have the most amazing menu for a pub! I'll be sure to give them a visit when I'm back in the States!

I was thrilled to find 4 bottles of Leopold Bros Absinthe at my local ABC store this evening. I almost missed them though as they had them in the 'Blends' section rather than with the other Absinthe's(wannabe Absinthes.) I've had batch 8, 12, and now 18. I'm thankful as the local Absinthe options mostly SUCK! I like Leopold Bros alot.

I wish I had access to that Peach liqueur. I'm entering a cocktail contest this weekend and could sure use that with the direction I've chosen to go, I'm sure, but I'll have to settle for what's available. :closedeyes:

My favorite is the blackberry liqueur. That being said I've loved every Leopold Bros offering I've had the opportunity to try. Todd and company set a very high bar. :wave2:

Thanks for the kind words, Jules. I'm sure Ridge will simply step right over the that bar.

The peach liqueur can be a tough one to find, since we only produce a couple of batches a year.

Glad you've had luck getting our Absinthe, sol2sol. We have several spirits now in the VABC system, so keep your eyes out.

I was hoping to find some at one of the airport bars on Wednesday, but alas, my efforts were in vain. One of them ignored us for several minutes so I left before asking. The second one I tried had a very angry bartender who walked over, didn't say anything, put some napkins down and looked at me with a "What the hell do you want?" look on her face. I asked if she had any absinthe. She said "No." in a way that I would have expected if I had asked for spice melange or cocaine. I looked at my girlfriend and she didn't want anything so we left without saying goodbye. :poop:

I'm sure it's tasty stuff, all of it. I'll try some eventually, almost all of the offerings interest me.

leopold, I'm REALLY enjoying batch 18 of your Absinthe Verte. I've done a few 'taste testings' since Saturday. I'm super pleased. I'll be sure to keep my eyes open for other Leopold Spirits here in VA.

My half-left bottle of batch#6 has gotten very bronze-colored-feuille morte. I haven't poured any in some time, but I'm very tempted to see how its taste has aged.