bksmithey

Leopold Bros Absinthe

Thanks again for all the local DC info, Shabba... I plan to head down to Best Cellars today and order some... I appreciate it!!

Another cheers for the DC info, Shabba. My interested friend will let me know which batch has arrived, when in fact it does arrive!

I find the Best Cellars website to be extremely user unfriendly and have no way to know which of their silly wine categories to classify absinthe into.

Never said it was available for sale on their website. I said they carry it in the store. ;)

Batch 8 is on the way to Best Cellars. They are actually going to be stocking it there full time.

Shabba, I think you'll be pleased with the tweaks. Lovely color, and a lovely louche from the increased Anise.

I like it. My mom likes it. What else can a guy ask for?

In fact, DC Peoples.. I just returned from Best Cellars on Connecticut Avenue and reserved a bottle.. The lovely woman there did indeed tell me that they would be stocking it full time, and how very surprised they were at the sheer number of inquiries they received regarding Leopold Bros.

I was going to break the news, but who better than Leopold to beat me to it! Thanks, Leopold!! Looking forward to my first bottle!

I find the Best Cellars website to be extremely user unfriendly and have no way to know which of their silly wine categories to classify absinthe into.

Never said it was available for sale on their website. I said they carry it in the store. ;)

Damn. I spent half an hour of my life on that site yesterday trying to order some absinthe.

20 cases shipped to CA yesterday, Doctor love. Batch 8. I would imagine that it'll arrive on Monday.

Try John Walker out of San Francisco. They carry our Vodka, Gin, Whiskeys, and Liqueurs, and will be picking up the Absinthe Verte. They also ship to Alaska , Arizona , California , Colorado , Connecticut , District of Columbia , Florida , Georgia , Hawaii , Idaho , Illinois , Indiana , Iowa , Louisiana , Michigan , Minnesota , Nebraska , Nevada , New Mexico , New York , North Carolina , North Dakota , Ohio , Oregon , South Carolina , Virginia , Washington , West Virginia , and Wyoming. So we should finally have a way for most of you to get your hands on a bottle.

Give them a few days to get their order in, if you don't mind. We're trying to coordinate the shipment between our distributor and John Walker so that you guys don't waste your time.

Damn, right between Louisiana and Michigan in that list I was hoping to see little old Maine... Oh well!

bksmithey is willing to send me a sample. I am trying to pay him to also send two samples to ETexas, so that he and his lovely wife can taste it while they watch the old bull gator chase the G-men out of the bayou. :)

I had my first taste of batch #4 tonight. I know the newer batches are being tweaked, so I will not post a review at this time.

It is definitely interesting. Slightly citrusy, honey and a nice wormwood profile. I agree that it will benefit with some more anise. The color is a little dark, but not awful.

I can't wait to try some of the newer batches. It seems like Leopold Bros. is on the right track.

Now get some of this stuff to Minnesota! :cheers:

Batch No. 8 has arrived here in DC.. Best Cellars on Connecticut Avenue ( a couple of blocks north of Dupont Circle) has it in stock.. As of early this afternoon, they hadn't yet placed it on display, but all you have to do is ask, and they'll bring it to you. :cheers:

bksmithey is willing to send me a sample. I am trying to pay him to also send two samples to ETexas, so that he and his lovely wife can taste it while they watch the old bull gator chase the G-men out of the bayou. :)

Thanks Wilson you guys are the best! :cheers:

Best Cellars in Washington, DC here! We did indeed receive Leopold's Absinthe yesterday and it is now on display and selling fast at $75 a bottle. For those interested, we do ship alcohol to about half the states. Call us at 202.387.3146 to see if we can ship to your state.

Best Cellars in Washington, DC here! We did indeed receive Leopold's Absinthe yesterday and it is now on display and selling fast at $75 a bottle. For those interested, we do ship alcohol to about half the states. Call us at 202.387.3146 to see if we can ship to your state.

BC! Great to see you here. I'm the annoying guy who keeps having you ship bottles to South Riding. :cheers:

Looking forward to the next package!

Also, head on over to the Newcomer Intro section to tell us a little more about your establishment and yourself.

Again, welcome! :thumbup:

By the way, do you drink absinthe yourself? If so, you might want to consider coming to Central Michele for the CNN interview tomorrow night. Would be great to meet you!

Damn, right between Louisiana and Michigan in that list I was hoping to see little old Maine... Oh well!

I'm between D.C. and nowhere, thinking I'm going to have to make a Saturday run to D.C.

I had two Leopold Bros. at Absinthe in San Francisco. Because I hand poured it at my table, it was only $13 a drink! The Obsello I had at the bar was $15. I'm now back in BC after two weeks in the Bay Area where I was spectacularly unsuccessful in finding bottles of Leopold Bros. No one had it and kept promising it would arrive soon, but I had to fly back to Canada empty handed. Very disappointing. But the good news is that I have a concert at a film festival in Michigan in Sept., so I hope to get a couple of bottles then. It's very frustrating living in Canada as it's such a hassle to get bottles here; Border Services almost took one of my two bottles of St. George Spirit away at the airport. But I'm determined to get LBros. by hook or crook.

Dash it All!!! But I've already acted by asking my cousin who is DC bound as we speak, to go into Best Cellars in DC and grab me two Leopold Bros. Then he'll cart them back to Boston and I'll get up there from NY to receive my well-deserved gift. Ha Ha! I've outsmarted the system!!