• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#61 Jonathan D.

Jonathan D.

Really Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:29 AM

John Walker says they still don't have this, only place I can find it is Best Cellars in DC but they only have batch 8

#62 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,811 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:40 AM

Not for long.

They also take special orders for the Leopold Bros. Distillery, so you can ask them to add the newer batches to their next shipment.
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#63 Trid

Trid

Ooo Shiny!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 02:51 PM

I had a tiny sip [1] of Batch #8 over Labor Day weekend. Very nice sir, very nice indeed :)

SoCal folks...I was told it was acquired at BevMo, so keep your eyes open!!!

[1] my friend who offered the sip wasn't letting go of it too easily. I'll have to bust his kneecaps later.
Some people are like slinkies....not really useful for anything, but you can't help but to smile when you see them tumbling down a flight of stairs.

#64 Sol2Sol

Sol2Sol

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:51 AM

Here in VA I've asked two different ABC stores on two different occasions in the last couple of weeks if they could order me a bottle or two of Leopold Bros. They had no idea of what I was talking about and took my number and said they'd call me when they knew something. I'm still waiting.....

I'm really interested in getting a bottle of this Absinthe but so far it's alluding me.

#65 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,811 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:12 AM

As mentioned earlier in the thread, call Best Cellars in Washington DC. They'll take your order and they do indeed ship to Virginia.

Contact info can be found in the 'Absinthe Around the World' thread here.
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#66 metodd1

metodd1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:47 AM

I saw Leopold Bros @ JV wines in Napa a couple of days ago, I will have to pick up a bottle.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It stands at the cradle of true art and true science. He to whom this feeling is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed. -AE

#67 Tally Ho

Tally Ho

• PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:56 AM

Here in VA I've asked two different ABC stores on two different occasions in the last couple of weeks if they could order me a bottle or two of Leopold Bros. They had no idea of what I was talking about and took my number and said they'd call me when they knew something. I'm still waiting.....

I'm really interested in getting a bottle of this Absinthe but so far it's alluding me.

I'm having the same problem here. There's a store called the Maryland Line Inn conveniently close to me. They have a lot of things you can't get here. The problem is they only have Lucid & Kübler at this time. I mentioned Leopold Bros. and a few other brands and they said they never heard of them. They also took my phone number and said they'd contact me... that was about 3 weeks ago and so far nothing.

I can't get it through Best Cellars here in PA, they don't have it on DrinkupNY, Binny's or the PA-LCB website. I'd love to try this stuff but have absolutely no way of doing so.
Porkchops are good

#68 leopold

leopold

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:36 AM

My apologies for the problem. We had shipped Absinthe together with our Silver Tree Vodka and Leopold's Gin to the Special Orders program some time ago. They arrived back at our distillery weeks later. There was a paperwork glitch somehow, and the Absinthe was not in their system, so the shipment was rejected.

We are resending our spirits this week to VA. When I have confirmed that it has arrived, I will post the info. here, together with a VABC catalog # for our Absinthe Verte so that you can order it at any VABC store without (I hope) any further problems.

We are in the process of registering the spirit in PA. I'll let you know when it comes through.

#69 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,181 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:47 AM

Taking care of business. I love it. Customer relations at it's finest. :cheers:

If my grammar is wrong, it's because I was caught up in the moment. B)
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#70 Sol2Sol

Sol2Sol

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:18 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the reply leopold. I'm really looking forward to getting a bottle or two. I was starting to get discouraged. So far the local store options here are pretty dull. One of our stores only supplies Absente! ;) We need some good stuff in VA! :cheers:

#71 leopold

leopold

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:20 PM

I'd give my kingdom to be able to ship a bottle or two direct from the distillery. None of the State-operated distribution systems are designed with the small producer in mind....which, of course, is why said States sell mostly mid to low end corporate crap.

The people at the State of VA are nice, but they aren't really cut out to deal with the little guy.

#72 Sol2Sol

Sol2Sol

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 01:41 PM

Yeah, the laws in VA have been changed so over the last few years that it makes it a pain to purchase quality alcohol here. The VA wineries have been hit pretty hard with having to jump through hoops of red tape.

I've been asking the local stores about stocking some of the good Absinthes made here in the States with the idea that if people could try something other than Absente, they might sell more Absinthe. People buy the Absente with the intention of trying the 'forbidden' Absinthe, and then are quickly turned off by it. Who buys a second bottle of Absente? :thumbdown:

#73 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,181 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:14 PM

I was in the checkout line at the liquor store several months ago and the guy in front of me was buying a bottle of Absente. I asked him if he knew anything about it. He told me he's had the real stuff but was going to a wedding reception/party and didn't want to halucinate.

I was glad he was being mindful of the event. <------ sarcasm
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#74 Jonathan D.

Jonathan D.

Really Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:18 PM

Order placed with K&L wines, hopefully it's batch 10!

#75 Jonathan D.

Jonathan D.

Really Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:36 AM

Errrrrrrrrrr I'm now the owner of two bottles of batch 6 :paperbag3:

#76 elfnmagik

elfnmagik

Mumbler

• 3,302 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:54 AM

Batch 11 is much more balanced in both color and taste over the previous batch I had. The pisco base is very evident in the nose neat, at least I guess that's what I'm smelling. A sweet grape nose I've never smelled in any other base. I tasted a dab of it on my finger pre-louche and it's evident in the taste too.
"I really like depriving myself of things. It's fun! Very monastic." - Kosmo

#77 nephrite

nephrite

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:11 PM

The previous batch you had wouldn't happen to be batch 10 would it?

#78 Meatwaggon

Meatwaggon

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:16 PM

Errrrrrrrrrr I'm now the owner of two bottles of batch 6 :paperbag3:

I think I'll wait for a couple months to buy a bottle.....
"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Helfrich verte" - Anthony Hopkinns
"Leave the gun. Take the Rossoni" - Peter Clemenzza
"Give me wormwood, or give me death!" - Patrick Henrry
"I find your lack of louche....disturbing" - James Earl Jjones
"No maceration without distillation!" - Reverend Jonathan Mayhhew
"It is by absinthe alone I set my mind in motion" - Frank Herrbert

#79 elfnmagik

elfnmagik

Mumbler

• 3,302 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:12 AM

The previous batch you had wouldn't happen to be batch 10 would it?

I'm thinking it was like 6 or 7.
"I really like depriving myself of things. It's fun! Very monastic." - Kosmo

#80 Sol2Sol

Sol2Sol

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:45 PM

Any word on whether or not Leopold Bros has made it's way back to VA yet? Still very eager to try some.

#81 leopold

leopold

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:46 AM

Still waiting for the VABC to process the shipment.

Absomphe....the Wash. St. Rep still hasn't returned our phone calls to get the product # for the Absinthe.

I'll keep on it, folks. My apologies.

#82 Green Baron

Green Baron

Advanced Decomposition

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:50 PM

Thanks for your efforts! It's apparent that the WASLCB drag-assing pencil pushers that my taxes help support are efficiently working to get this taken care of :dry: .

Abs is certainly not the only one here in WA that's looking forward to trying some :biggrin: . I think it's great that we've already got a bar in Seattle that's interested in serving it!
This post has been edited over and over again by Green Baron

Chasing the green fairy in my triplane!

"A decorous absinthe will persuade your whisper away with its hooch essence..."

#83 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 18,678 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:26 PM

Absomphe...the Wash. St. Rep still hasn't returned our phone calls to get the product # for the Absinthe.

Why does this not surprise me? :twitchsmile:

Thanks for your continuing efforts, Todd. Somebody needs to wake up those fossils at the state liquor bored. :rolleyes: :cheers:

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#84 Sol2Sol

Sol2Sol

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:31 AM

Well, I FINALLY got ahold of a bottle of Leopold Bros. It's batch #8 from Best Cellars and it's very tasty. Called Best Cellars Monday afternoon and received it today(Wed.) Great service! I still want to get a bottle of batch 10, but we have a winner here with batch 8! Can't wait to be able to get this locally. :cheers:

#85 Meatwaggon

Meatwaggon

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:01 PM

I called around to a few BevMo stores in San Jose, CA but all they had was the batch #6. If I'm not mistaken we're all the way up to batch #12 nowadays. Guess I'll have to wait it out until some other schmos buy #6 so they can restock the latest ones.....
"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Helfrich verte" - Anthony Hopkinns
"Leave the gun. Take the Rossoni" - Peter Clemenzza
"Give me wormwood, or give me death!" - Patrick Henrry
"I find your lack of louche....disturbing" - James Earl Jjones
"No maceration without distillation!" - Reverend Jonathan Mayhhew
"It is by absinthe alone I set my mind in motion" - Frank Herrbert

#86 Hans Conried

Hans Conried

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:03 AM

Got a bottle of the #13 at the local ABC store, it's finally here in Va (as mentioned recently to in other threads, sorry, we are telling everyone who will listen).

#87 AlyssaDyane

AlyssaDyane

Now with less gall.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:16 AM

Alright. So I am very bored at work. Anyways, here is the local SoCal availability for Leopold in BevMo:

There are 2 bottles at the Van Nuys BevMo
1 In Torrance
1 in Laguna Nigel
and 1 in Encinitas

Happy shopping.
Nothing is simpler than to complete pictures in a superficial sense. Never does one lie so cleverly as then. - Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec

#88 Beautiful Loosher

Beautiful Loosher

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:51 PM

for it.

CA leaves this week. Batch 8.

Do you have a distribution in Maryland?
Electronic musician, you can hear some on Last.fm
I eat my peas with honey: I've done that all my life. It makes the peas taste funny, but it keeps them on my knife.

#89 scuto

scuto

Taste sensation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:09 PM

Not MD, but nearby.
"The Saint when he is drinking/Is also pleasing God/As if he were praying and singing." - Angelus Silesius, quoted in Simmel's On Individuality and Social Forms, p.391. (Yay for classical sociology!)

"Full bottle in front of me/Time to roll up my sleeves and get to work/And after many glasses of work/I get paid in the brain" - They Might Be Giants "Your Own Worst Enemy."

"I've an absinthe factory in my head" (jcbphd, 2009). [Liberties taken. -ed.]

#90 uglybiker

uglybiker

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:16 PM

Right now the Jug Shop on SF has six bottles. Don't know the batch #, but the last bottle I ordered was #10.

http://www.thejugsho...ID/4024490.html
I am mot suffering from mental illness
Quite the contrary! I'm enjoying every minute!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association