Overland

Greetings from a New Colorado Absinthe Distiller!

Bottles don't impress me as much as the contents. JMHO

Or, as Worf was fond of saying, "The bottle is just an empty shell. Do with it what you will." B)

Hey, buddy, the trekkie forum's down the hall, to the right.

Or left, if you're so inclined.

If you are in Northern Colorado send us a personal message. We would be happy to show you the distillery.

well................. I am in Denver, but can easily drive just to visit you !!!!!!!!!

cheers,

- Marcelo

Where in Northern Colorado? I get about as far North as Greely and Fort Collins on my trips out there.

We are in Loveland Colorado, just 10 miles South of Fort Collins

My statement was that their bottle is TOO good, as a majority of great absinthes don't seem to have much as much thought into their look as they could have, whereas a number of terrible companies unfortunately have cornered the market on terrible booze in pretty wrapping. Luckily companies like Vieux Carre, Tenneyson, Ridge, Fontaine, and (if the current design is anything like the old design, and of course, if the absinthe is tasty) now Trinity are hopefully going to open up the field on attractive bottling that isn't full of terrible.

Thanks for the kind words Ambear!

We were friends with a bunch of people in Graphic design in college. We had a contest among them for our label design. The designer who won is doing really well now.

I don't much care what color the bottle is, so long as the contents are good :cheers: and it keeps the rays out. B) Although it may be confusing to some, if you ever do wind up selling your verte in a blue bottle, I personally, would not be terribly put off by it. I feel that blue glass has appeal, though it may throw some consumers off, based on other products on the market.

Anxiously awaiting the fruit of you labors.

Or violets or hyssop flowers maybe? I'm sure blueberries could add a nice color, but I think juniper berries might add a better flavor component.

plenty of blue flowers and fruits out tuere just waiting to lend a hand to the world of absinthe.

Blue Tansy for one! A wonderful scent/flavor/color!

Tansy-eater!

Pretty soon he'll be posting pics of obscure texts in languages none of us can read, with hastily scrawled MS paint notes in neon green, claiming they are ancient recipes that prove beyond a reasonable doubt that tansy was the only herb in original Swiss absinthe.

:twitchsmile:

Approved on Tuesday, and they were selling it at Liquid Arts Festival on Friday...certainly not any in stores just yet. :laugh:

After all the crazy red tape and hoops they had to jump through I'm glad that they are finally on the market. The approved version is close to what we brought to RMGH 2011 (the one with the 10 on it), but not the same batch.

Cutting down wormwood fields, helping bottle, and seeing how this was all a process was very educational to Amber and I. We know a lot more about the "behind the scenes" of what goes into making an absinthe now. Not to mention the owners are a great couple and a pleasure to just hang out and chat with.

:cheers: to Overland!