Overland

Greetings from a New Colorado Absinthe Distiller!

Greetings Wormwood Society!

I am pleased to say another made in Colorado Absinthe will soon be available. "Trinity Absinthe Superior"

My wife and I live in Loveland Colorado and have had a long fascination with Absinthe. The first "Absinthe" (if you can call it that) we ever tried was a tincture we made early on in college. Needless to say it tasted vile, but it inspired us. Over the years we refined the process and recipe. When Absinthe became legal for sale back in 08' our friends told us, "your absinthe is way better than the two bottles they sell in the liquor store, why don't you sell it". Well, turns out starting an Absinthe business with no capital is actually pretty tricky, but I am happy to say two years later we are almost there.

Here is a little bit about us:

I learned about distilling in high school chemistry and have had a passion for it ever since. In fact I thought distilling was so cool I went on to earn a masters in thermal fluid engineering. This doesn't help me much in my day job as a Sales Engineer in the beverage industry - but sure helps with distilling Absinthe! This makes me in the operations guy of the two of us.

Amanda, my wife and Absinthe partner, in addition to being the realistic one, is a keen observer of popular culture and people. She has more degree's than I can count less remember- from English literature to graphic design. Amanda is the image person, she's always been the one that knows what to say and exactly how to say it. So far she's converted numerous absinthe haters to absinthe lovers. Perfect!

Our goal is to make the best Absinthe out there. If anyone is reading this, especially you Coloradan's, tell us what you would like to see in your dream Absinthe and we will do our best to make it.

Joe & Amanda

Edited by Overland Distillery

Wonderful to have you! Will your product be available at DUNY (www.drinkupny.com) so we can all enjoy it? :cheers:

Drink up NY is NY based so we can't sell there with our current permits (have to have a NY state wholesale permit). We can sell in Colorado based online stores though and are working on that end. Does anyone have any suggestions for some Colorado online liquor stores we should sell in? If anyone knows a way to self distribute, other than having the wholesale permit in NY, to the DUNY store we'd be happy to hear it too.

Welcome ! I am excited to learn this..... living in Denver is great to hear that... Colorado will be on the map of "absinthe in the world"......

saúde !

- Marcelo

Aside from being ticked that you scooped the brand name I had intended to name after my wife...

Welcome! :cheers:

Send a sample bottle to Kamal at drinkupny.com. If he thinks it's worthwhile, he'll find a way to hook you up with a distributor there.

Welcome, Joe. :cheers:

Facebook tells me that you are also involved with Advanced Rifle Parts. I know some of us here may be a little competitive, but I hope you won't be bringing that side of yourself into selling absinthe in the USA!

Welcome, Joe. :cheers:

Facebook tells me that you are also involved with Advanced Rifle Parts. I know some of us here may be a little competitive, but I hope you won't be bringing that side of yourself into selling absinthe in the USA!

Love my Absinthe or else! Ha, not to worry I am a pacifist

Long story about ARP - it follows my love of History and the movie "Enemy at the Gates". Everything there is an antique from the same era of the movie.

Aside from being ticked that you scooped the brand name I had intended to name after my wife...

Welcome! :cheers:

Send a sample bottle to Kamal at drinkupny.com. If he thinks it's worthwhile, he'll find a way to hook you up with a distributor there.

Thanks for the advice- we will certainly try that.

Sorry we took your name :) - ever since I started learning about Absinthe and the "Holy Trinity" of herbs I though Trinity would be a good Absinthe name. We were quite surprised nobody had trademarked the name.

Greetings Wormwood Society!

Greetings!

I am pleased to say another Absinthe will soon be available. "Trinity Absinthe Superior"

Another uncolored absinthe? That's two in the last month!

Sales Engineer in the beverage industry

Interesting

my wife is a keen observer of popular culture

I could tell from your signature! Absinthe and the green movement are very in right now.

Our goal is to make the best Absinthe out there

I wish you nothing but luck!

26191_10150146554345247_505500246_11770951_591907_n.jpg

26191_10150146551315247_505500246_11770906_5293771_n.jpg

26191_10150146551325247_505500246_11770907_5849454_n.jpg

"Trinity" is actually colored with Hyssop, Petite WW, and a touch of Melissa. The blue bottle is to keep the light out in order to maintain the color for longer. The bottle pictured is empty-

Ah, I misunderstood. Rob is producing this for you at Colorado Pure. Are you planning on opening Overland Distillery in Loveland at some point?

We did our formulation/label approval and first batch under Rob's DSP. I do the distillation myself- it's just using Robs equipment and premise.This made the most sense from a financial stand point - and Robs been a great guy to work with. You were on my list of distillers to talk to in the beginning actually, I just figured, when I found out you were making your own, you probably wouldn't be interested. Eventually- perhaps sooner than later- I do plan to move the operation to Loveland so its closer to where I live. Now that I've got a product I figure it will be much easier to obtain the capital required to make my own distillery a reality.

I would love to check out your distillery sometime soon - I do enjoy your Absinthe! I would also like to talk to you about absinthe herbs.

"Trinity" is actually colored with Hyssop, Petite WW, and a touch of Melissa. The blue bottle is to keep the light out in order to maintain the color for longer. The bottle pictured is empty-

A verte in a blue bottle is bound to cause confusion! :twitchsmile: I didn't see anything on the label to indicate verte or blanche either, although the label is slightly different from an earlier version I saw...

I like the herb bill so far though.

Listen to the guy in the white hat, though. It's definitely time to start sending out samples. Send one to Kamal, for sure. And if you get a distributor in NY, you may also want to send a sample to Julie at Catskill Cellars. They ship throughout the US as well. Also, the review editor here at the Wormwood Society, Brian Robinson, would be more than happy to taste your product and start the ball rolling on reviews for public consumption. That's actually going to be your best marketing. Most of us here are immune to market speak and signature sales pitches. :pirate:

Eventually- perhaps sooner than later- I do plan to move the operation to Loveland so its closer to where I live. Now that I've got a product I figure it will be much easier to obtain the capital required to make my own distillery a reality.

This is certainly a wise approach. Rob's a great guy, no question.

There a lot more qualified traditional absinthe distillers here and at FV than I, but you are certainly welcome to contact me.

The very, very best of luck to you and your family!

Hey, there's a Kalashnikov Vodka, why not a Winchester Absinthe?

We did our formulation/label approval and first batch under Rob's DSP. I do the distillation myself- it's just using Robs equipment and premise.
Marteau has always been produced this way. While it has its own pros and cons, it's the best way to bootstrap your way into the trade without investors.

I'll look forward to trying your absinthe. :cheers:

:cheers: Hello, & welcome to the WS. It's always nice to have another alcohol-alchemist on board. I wish you luck, & look forward to trying the Trinity! ( + :thumbup: on the name)