Hello! I found my way here today while I was looking up things about absinthe I was recommended at the store; the Pere François to be exact, and Google led me here to the review. I had a non-dominant verte called Mata Hari previously, and I wanted to see if I prefered a dominant blanc (which I can't say that I do haha). The smooth herby taste of the Mata Hari was great. I was glad to try the blanc though.

I saw a couple of you are in the St. Louis area. I'm in St. Charles right now.

Welcome, indeed! If you liked the herbal taste of Mata Hari, then you are in for a treat as you discover the multitude of directions that absinthe can take your taste buds. Enjoy the discovery!

Welcome! :cheers:

What do you mean by "non-dominant"?

Mata Hari is, unfortunately, not a typical absinthe. Many of us here are of the opinion that's it's not absinthe at all, but rather an herbal schnapps.

Greetings! :cheers:

What the guy in the white hat said. There's plenty of better booze out there--give the reviews section a look-see!

welcome to the forum ! I have been a couple of times under the Arch in your city.......santé....

- Marcelo

Weclome! :cheers:

I agree with what others said about Mata Hari not really being absinthe due a couple of different factors. But if you enjoyed its herbal profile, I'm pretty sure you'll love a quality verte when you get a hold of one!

Welcome to the party, from one St. Louisan to another. :cheers: I grew up in St. Charles. What high school did you go to? ;)

By non-dominant, I'm quoting what the bottle said regarding the anise flavor. It had almost zero licorice flavor, compared to the Pere François. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for a new verte Luscious Oily Lesbians!. Jcbphd, I went to Francis Howell North.

I went to Duchesne, not Villa Duchesne, but regular old Duchesne on Elm Street. [For all non-St.-Louisans, for some reason it is an STL thing to ask where one went to high school. It's almost expected when you meet someone new from the area.]