Sign in to follow this  
Jack Griffin

Stainless fountain from La Maison D'Absinthe

One of my friends is buying my 2 robinette Mini-Lady, as I need 4 for the parties I host. I just bought the #2 all stainless fountain from La Maison D'Absinthe in NO...won't be here for about a week. Anyone have any opinions on this? It looks solid, heavy, and food quality with all stainless....I frankly worry about lead in the lesser alloys and plated products. I've heard the Frenchman stuff is pretty good, which is what my Mini-Lady is. Sipping Duplais Balance, and spending money I don't have. Sigh.....

Thanks in advance.

Edited by sbmac

[edit] Strike that...I have the two-spout non-stainless steel version, which looks nice and works well. The stainless steel looks like nice upgrade, though.

The stainless must be new. It wasn't available when I bought mine. But I have the #2 with 4 robinettes, and I love it. I think the most I've ever had going at one time was three glasses, but I love it. The valves are tricky sometimes. Getting them just right will keep them from dripping. Also, I use a ton of ice and ice-cold water, so I get a lot of condensation on the metal bits, which eventually turns to drips or streams. Make sure you've got it set up on a bistro tray or something like that, unless you've got a lacquered table surface.

The same thing happens with the Mini-Lady, which I selling to one of new absinthe friend couples....I have a hunch the SS unit will be pretty heavy duty...the glass is supposed to be really thick too.

The SS models are beautiful. I saw one several weeks ago and they're just fabulous. It was much sturdier and appeared to be more well-made. These are made by a different manufacturer than the earlier models.

Looks very nice. Let us know how it works out. I'm in the market for another fountain since my Lady developed leaks where the glass meets the base and I have yet to figure out how to stop it.

Report on #2 stainless fountain from La Maison D'Absinthe:

First of all, it is very well made, solid and heavy. The glass is thick, and the whole unit has a

nice restaurant grade look to it. Rather than having putty in the globe assembly, is uses a large rubber washer where the globe rests on the robinette base. All parts can be taken apart for cleaning and reassembly quite easily. Like all fountains in this style, the robinettes have a potential for a slow dripping.

Mine does not do this however. When it first arrived, two of the four dripped badly, and one didn't turn easily. They sent a new robinette assembly right away at no cost, and it was perfect. It now is on sale there for a reduced price. A very nice fountain! Stainless is the only way to go if you're considering a metal fountain over an all glass one.

I'll be bringing this to the October Catskills event to share.

-Scott

Report on #2 stainless fountain from La Maison D'Absinthe:

First of all, it is very well made, solid and heavy. The glass is thick, and the whole unit has a

nice restaurant grade look to it. Rather than having putty in the globe assembly, is uses a large rubber washer where the globe rests on the robinette base. All parts can be taken apart for cleaning and reassembly quite easily. Like all fountains in this style, the robinettes have a potential for a slow dripping.

Mine does not do this however. When it first arrived, two of the four dripped badly, and one didn't turn easily. They sent a new robinette assembly right away at no cost, and it was perfect. It now is on sale there for a reduced price. A very nice fountain! Stainless is the only way to go if you're considering a metal fountain over an all glass one.

I'll be bringing this to the October Catskills event to share.

-Scott

Seems lamaisondabsinthe site is down :( This sounds like something I would be very interested in ... :( Any other words of wisdom to share with someone trying to buy the first fountain?

my new absinthe fountain

(Sorry, can't figure out how to post a photo. It's the four robinette stainless one.)

Edited by crow