EdouardPerneau

Pernod original recipe Back !!!!

If this is an April Fool's joke, it's a cruel one.

Cruel indeed. First Herbsaint introducing their original recipe, now Pernod. Wouldn't it be great!

They'd have to have a sense of humor, to claim to be the creator of absinthe, that's for sure.

Ahem. That's the creator of absinthe. Because the "of" is more important than the actual creation itself. :poop:

If this is an April Fool's joke, it's a cruel one.

Cruel indeed. First Herbsaint introducing their original recipe, now Pernod. Wouldn't it be great!

Sazerac did good job in bringing back the old style Herbsaint, and they will be adding something special around the first of next year..... :devil: and maybe another revival....

Pernod-Ricard is just an embarrassment.

Upping the proof of Herbsaint to 120?

Releasing the first Herbsaint Absinthe?

Damn it, Impy, you're such a tease! :dev-cheers:

Since I hate Pernod ricard , I thought that way a good day to send a new hate mail because I love to bash them :D

so I say ( in a better french than that miserable english) :

Hi,

I would like to know how pig headed you are to still make that "absinthe" that have nothing to do with the one of the belle époque ... Have you lost the recipe ?

Seriously , that absinthe is a shame to the Pernod familly, according to me, Henri-louis must be turning in his grave..

Someday , I was thinking that you will finaly make an high quality absinthe akin to the belle époque to feed you most exigant consumer .

best regards,

Ken

At least Pernod has a sense of humour.

Believe it or not, I bought a bottle of this recently because it was on clearance price, and I felt like I should at least try it so that I could comment on/review it (which will hopefully be forthcoming over the next few weeks). Honestly, I didn't find it to be undrinkable, but it did have the unique effect of becoming tiresome after about half a glass.

Sadly, I don't qualify for the rebate because I bought it prior to 4/1 AND because I live in Oregon, which is not on their list of eligible states. Guess that makes for a hat trick of disappointment.

Edited by Jay

a hat trick of disappointment

:laf:

I use it for cooking.

It's also tolerable when using as a rinse or dash at a time. I'm just sayin'.

(I do retain a certain fondness for new Pernod Absinthe, as it was the first bottle I brought back to the USA just before the ban was lifted. In hindsight, it was a waste of time, but still... like they say, "You never forget your first St. Pauli Girl!")

KEN!

I've honestly only had one glass out of my bottle, just for S&G's. The rest has gone into the pan. I suppose I can give it a shot in mixing, but there are cheaper, more authentic solutions for that. It's not a bad idea if you happen to have a bottle of it and are looking for ways to use it up, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy a bottle to use in cocktails. Especially not at the pace of a rinse here and there.

I get your sentiment though. Tabu once had my heart.

I did go through a bottle of it maybe 15 years ago. As I recall usually mixing it with OJ. In search of just such a combination I did find these variations.

They're talking about the Pernod Absinthe that was first released about seven or eight years ago; I believe you're referring to the Pernod Anis that we've had here in the states forever.

I never did read the label, but I agree with you. Edit: went back and clicked a few links and found they didn't work. So those uses for the old Pernod are a guessing game as to proportions. Noted the Apertif d'Absinthe called for wormwood. OK, I needed to check it out more before I put it up. :blush:

Edited by techdiver

I know, I know. You are the best DD montana has to offer. I'll let you know as soon as my girlfriend and I know how much time we can spare then.