absinthejack

Pernod Fils 1910 sample

I was lucky enough to get a sample of the PF 1910 from BR, but I've got a problem. Allot of people want me to describe the aroma and flavor, and I simply can't. They were both extrordinary, but I just can't do them justice ;) . It was unlike anything I've had before. I can't compare it to any modern absinthe. If any of you that got this can help me out with a realistic description I'd sure appreciate it. If anyone is interested, I posted pictures of the louching process of this drink on my blog at Abinthe.FM. Hey Brian, you have anymore? :) I've read your reviews of both this and the PF 1914 and you liked the 1914 better? It's hard to believe there's ANYTHING better than this. :yahoo:

Had a small glass of PF1914 along with lunch today. I was decanting samples from a larger bottle and couldn't help myself. Good god, this stuff just seems to get better and better.

Had a small glass of PF1914 along with lunch today. I was decanting samples from a larger bottle and couldn't help myself. Good god, this stuff just seems to get better and better.

That's what I said every time I louched a small glass of it. Unfortunately, the bottle only lasted about fifteen months. It's good hear that it continues to improve, as it breathes. :thumbup:

I hope to be sampling this weekend as well. I look forward to comparing notes with those who will also be trying the samples soon.

I'm lucky enough to say that many times, I've woken up a bit before sunrise just to have a glass of preban...

And once I drank along the Doubs, when the moonlight was nearly non-existent... and the stars were out in full.

I had sevral sample over the year of PF ( 1910,1913,1930) ... I got a question to ask :if this would be available at your local store for the same price of a good absinthe ... would it really be the your everyday absinthe I mean I had several discussion with some producer . In '08 I had a blind test of Pf1914 was tasty but I didn't regonise it until Peter say what it is

If that thing actually worked I'd be taking up residence in the Jura region circa 1910. Sigh.

The question is whether or not it tasted in 1910 the way a 1910 absinthe tastes in 2010.

I think most would agree not. We have no way of knowing what this tasted like in 2010 short of folding space time.

Regardless of the effects of aging upon taste, I think most of us can agree that it is a rare treat and an excellent benchmark of what an absinthe is supposed to be.

The difference is astounding... I guess our children will know the truth after all our bottles age for 100 years

We have no way of knowing what this tasted like in 2010 short of folding space time.

Why bother?

We're already here. :tongue:

Ha! Damn me getting my dates confuzzled. Read what I mean, not what I say!

That said, Greune Fee and I sat down last weekend and sampled our sample pack that we split... And I do have to say, that 1910 was some mighty tasty stuff. Thanks for putting that together, Brian!

The Un Pernod was...interesting. Don't think I would ever really drink that one again. It was definitely too delicate, and a bit too sweet for me. And visually it had this sort of Mountain Dew quality to it...but I am glad to have gotten to try it once!

Glad you enjoyed! The set samples have sold out, unfortunately, but I do have 2 additional samples of PF 1910 from a different bottle if anyone still wants to try it.

I enjoyed the Un Pernod Sec quite a bit. Interesting and sweet and definitely not my normal flavor preference, but it was neat.

The difference is astounding... I guess our children will know the truth after all our bottles age for 100 years

Maybe your bottles, I'll share mine with the living here and now, why should the kids have all the fun ? ;)