Gadfly

Hello from Tennessee

Hello WWS been lurking here for a few weeks and decided to finally say my hellos. I was turned on to this website from a few friends on the hookah forum I hang out at. Just wanted to say hello. I'm very interested by the absinthe culture and have a few bottles on the way from Europe as we speak. I'm excited to learn more.

Not quite sure really, as I'm new to this whole thing, in more detail my parents are vacationing in Europe and I asked to bring me back a few bottles of absinthe. I did make sure they knew that I was interested in french absinthe for my first go around. I hope I don't regret being too vague with them.

Edited by Gadfly

my parents are vacationing in Europe and I asked to bring me back a few bottles of absinthe. I hope I don't regret being too vague with them.

Hello, & welcome to the WS. :cheers:

Got my fingers crossed for a positive first experience for you...

I feel like this is only going to end in tears. But I welcome you anyway! Maybe you'll have a much better experience than most of our firsts. :cheers:

Welcome Gadfly! :cheers:

Fortunately there many more authentic absinthes available in the US and Europe today than there were a few short years ago. Hopefully your folks will get some good ones. Let us know what they got!

You can cross check them with the review section at the main WS site at www.wormwoodsociety.org (apologies that the "All Reviews" section isn't working, just use the "Traditional Absinthe" and "Related Products" tabs).

Hi & Welcome, Gadfly, and :cheers: .

It'll be interesting to hear from you what you got from Europe. Crap or Gold?

Howdy !!!

I used to live in Knoxville fro 1991 to 1995.............went to UTK......

cheers,

- Marcelo