Jack Griffin

Show Us Your Stash!

We'll probably be partaking of some Eduoard and 1901 later tonight, and cheers for the compliments, there are a lot more I've got my eye on to try and some point, just a matter of when we have the cash on hand. :)

Here's what I have at the moment. I feel I've got my go to brands pretty much settled at this point, but there's always a good reason to try a new bottle if the opportunity is available.

JOKCbsd.jpg

It's that time of year in L.A. when I can't find Pacifique and start reacquainting myself with old favorites. The L'Ancienne is my third and final bottle from the 2014 batch, and I'm hesitant to open it just yet...

post-3439-0-18954300-1430465367_thumb.jpg

Edited by stardust

Akveld's and Blanchette, in the back, by the La Clandestine? Not had the Akveld's, but really dig the other two. The Berthe de Joux was good when it first came out.

I tried the Akveld's when it was an HG, and it was quirky, but excellent.

I haven't tried the commercial version, and I've heard it's not the original, but it's supposed to be pretty good.

Akveld's and Blanchette, in the back, by the La Clandestine? Not had the Akveld's, but really dig the other two. The Berthe de Joux was good when it first came out.

Correct! Blanchette is probably my favourite so far, although La Candestine might be taking that spot. It's hard to pick. I haven't opened the bottle of Berthe yet, will do soon ^_^

I tried the Akveld's when it was an HG, and it was quirky, but excellent.

I haven't tried the commercial version, and I've heard it's not the original, but it's supposed to be pretty good.

They are definitely interesting, and quirky too. They are not absinthes I'd drink often. Both the blanche and the verte have very distinct tastes, and there have been a few times where I simply did not like the verte.

The Akvelds in the picture are from 2012 or 2013 though, I've read that the more recent bottles have become more consistent and, according to some, better. I might pick up a bottle again if I am nearby at some point. It would be interesting to compare the different years.

Edited by chocochaos

Here is my current stash! I'm including all of the brands I currently have plus accoutrements.

(I even included a bottle of nasty fauxsinthe toward the back).

attachicon.gifAbintheStash.jpg

So you have the same fountain I do :)

I'm so delighted :D