Jack Griffin

Show Us Your Stash!

A happy Sbmac indeed. Thanks to so many of you for your advice and reviews! The only bottle missing

is the Grande Absente...the other bottles refused to let it on the table.

Awaiting Marteau (as soon as it's in stock) and Walton Waters. Yes that MOL is low. Will be getting more of it as well!

Stash.jpg

OMG_Bill only has a dusty shelf where his stash used to be. And mine is sadly sitting in a basement. Lonely.

Nice stash. By golly, I think you're getting the hang of it. :cheers:

Yep, the dusty shelf has room to spare and the half bottle of some "good & plenty" tasting stuff isn't going anywhere soon. There's something about a bottle brimming with star anise I just can't describe. :devil:

Just when we thought we had seen the end of the Cingular commercials;

More bars in more places... are serving absinthe.

Hmm, that's a new style Eich bottle, haven't seen it dressed up like that before.

Hey, no Kübler! I thought everybody grabbed one of those big liter bottles of Kübler.

:laf: :laf:

Impressive 'stash Ron!

---------

sbmac - great collection! What is the bottle next to the Pacifique? I like the looks of the label. (the one to the left)

EDIT: I'll post up my stash when I get home and add my 2 new arrivals to the lineup.

Edited by PTAaron

The weird alien guy label is Duplais Balance. At the risk of looking like a show-off blow-hole I should explain that I took some of the $ from a guitar I made, and bought a bunch of this stuff to throw myself into the absinthe experience. I wanted to sample the good stuff, and create a high learning curve quickly. This is

the crazy behavior of most evil mad-scientists.. I'm now officially back on the counting the bucks routine, and watching all my money go to diapers and day care bills. The good news is this should last for a long time!

Edited by sbmac

Hmm, that's a new style Eich bottle, haven't seen it dressed up like that before

Thanks for pointing that one out, Brian. I wouldn't have recognized it otherwise, as I bought two bottles of the Eich last year in what are apparently now the "old" style. The labels are a little more amateurish on mine, but I think the bottle shape is prettier and certainly more distinctive than the new one.

Of course, it's what's on the inside that counts.

I think the old style Eich label looks more home-made than amateurish. Like something handed to you by a distiller friend instead of something bought online. The new ones look nice too, though.

My absinthe collection... The 2 empty bottles were from several years ago and ordered from Spain... They had been empty a while before I discovered Lucid at my corner store and found out I could buy in the US now!

cc9f5a0a.jpg

Where to begin...

4443874799_d07bd2244d_b.jpg

Some old Pernod stuff (I don't think it's worth anything :devil: )...

4443849421_2bb8f25f11_b.jpg

I have all this booze and yet nobody ever wants to help me drink it. :blink:

Oh, this is going to be fun. :devil:

I can't compete but I can sure drool. :dribble:

I'm going to need a tissue if you folks keep this up. <sniff>

Scott started it! :cheers:

I know it's a tough job not many would volunteer for, but please consider me on standby any time you need assistance. :worshippy:

Where to begin...

4443874799_d07bd2244d_b.jpg

Some old Pernod stuff (I don't think it's worth anything :devil: )...

4443849421_2bb8f25f11_b.jpg

Impressive

I was in touch with Rodney at Okanagan a few months back and he said there was another batch in the works, but now that Oxy doesn't sell to Canada (not even Taboo), I'm not sure how it will be distributed. When I bought my sixpack of Gold back in November of '08 it seemed like an over indulgence, but now that I only have two bottles left I'm glad I got it when I could.