Captain Tom

Absinthe Perroquet

Thanks TM,

thats 61 €uro which isnt too bad considering the distance to travel. Its only 14€ ($18 U.S) less for me so good deal for you.

La Coquette 2010, La Désirée, Perroquet, and I am tempted to add L'Enjôleuse to that order as well. The reviews are mixed on it, but it sounds like a very interesting drink!

As am I! Times have been rough, but financially I am finally getting stable and now I am able to spend money on my muse again! The L'Enjôleuse sounds almost too interesting to pass up from what I have read. I guess it will all come down to the paycheck on Friday

dont you want to try it first?

Haha. You're thinking like a sensible pragmatist!

The thing about this new Perroquet is that it's the latest in the "Parisiennes" absinthes. This newest release is supposed to be the best yet, so there's not really a reason for any cautious optimism for those who like the previous Parisiennes. Some who have had a chance to taste the previous iterations have been very much looking forward to this one since it was announced. Count me in that bunch!

Sounds like you've already made up your mind. I can honestly say that I don't believe you'll be disappointed with it.

dont you want to try it first?

Sounds like you've already made up your mind. I can honestly say that I don't believe you'll be disappointed with it.

yep I ordered a bottle pretty much at the same time of that last post :cheers:

The Coquette would be an interesting drop.

Indeed.

I dropped it from my absinthe-quaffing repertoire quite awhile ago. ;)

I read your review Absomphe, I take it your not the la Coquettes biggest fan?

The thing about this new Perroquet is that it's the latest in the "Parisiennes" absinthes. This newest release is supposed to be the best yet, so there's not really a reason for any cautious optimism for those who like the previous Parisiennes.

I thought Perroquet came from the Pernot distillery, while Désirée... Enjôleuse... they came from the Devoille distillery.

If that's the case, I would expect a detectable difference in the taste; Emile has its own little goût d'alambic. Also, the (young) color advertised doesn't achieve the same verte foncé as the previous Parisiennes.

Nothing to do, really, but wait and taste it...

It does come from the Emile Pernot distillery, just as the Belle Amie, which is also a Parisienne. La Coquette, L'Enjôleuse, La Désirée were all Parisiennes from Devoille. So was, to a lesser Parisienne extent, the Soixante-cinq.

I agree that the taste will be different, and I'm looking forward to that.

I read your review Absomphe, I take it your not the la Coquettes biggest fan?

Bingo.

I must admit, from your comparison, Aggelos, it sounds like I would quite possibly be a fan of the Perroquet, though.

Ok, final stand : compared two glasses last night, the final one of my DP bottle and the commercial version.

Nothing much is changed, only that it's a bit more tamed.

So for my final opinion : read what I stated before, with an exception, being that with some months of aging and the final touch, the wine alcohol is far less acrid and biting than in my memories, so very different from recent Jade's base