Jack Griffin

Absinthe in animated series "Archer"!

...Right down to the panel cut Pontarlier glass! In this episode "Job Offer" absinthe plays a big role in three scenes....very funny. The whole staff is drinking it in one scene, she's puking in the toilet in another, and swilling it down with gypsies at a card table in another. Sigh.

ArcherAbsintheSM.jpg

I've heard nothing but good things about this show, but haven't yet seen it myself. I remember the pilot teaser during the It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia season, and I got the sense of a more evolved and polished Harvey Birdman.

And if they're actually referencing absinthe, in a pontarlier glass, with no fire, I'm going to have to watch it very soon!

Absinthe or no, Archer is amazingly awesome animation. The dialogue is where the money is at, though. There are so many quotes from that show I failingly try to memorize.

I checked out the shorts on youtube, it was pretty good even got a glimpse of the absinthe drinking, however because I have windows 7 64 bit ripoff system i cant actually watch the full episodes from fx on their site, its times like that i really wish i could kick gatesy in the nuts. ;)

I checked out their website, which says full episodes are available at HULU - I didn't even know what HULU was until now. The Job Offer episode is apparently there, but I won't be watching it because I don't like the "give us your email address before you can watch" thing.

With regard to HULU, this may be of interest: http://www.centernetworks.com/hulu-widgets-tracking

I like that the voice of Archer is the same voice of the soccer coach from Home Movies. I always thought he was hilarious, and this only makes Archer that much better!

I love Home Movies. Lots of the same cast from the even better Dr. Katz.

I love Home Movies as well. Unfortunately I did not catch this specific episode or Archer, but I am definitely a fan of the show.

I checked out their website, which says full episodes are available at HULU - I didn't even know what HULU was until now. The Job Offer episode is apparently there, but I won't be watching it because I don't like the "give us your email address before you can watch" thing.

With regard to HULU, this may be of interest: http://www.centernetworks.com/hulu-widgets-tracking

I always just use a throwaway email address for the likes of that.

Good idea. Actually, it seems the episode with the absinthe is available on the Archer website itself (or maybe it was FX), but the link to HULU was provided on a back page, a blog of some sort, and that's what I saw first, so that's what I followed. I only saw that there were episodes for the watching on the main page later - didn't try to watch it, though.

H. Jon Benjamin is Archer?! I must check this out.

And cheers to Home Movies and Dr. Katz!

Indeed.

Speaking of voices, the woman that does the lady-spy's voice... Is that the chick that did Leila's voice in Futurama? For some reason, I thought Leila's voice may be the wife from 'Married With Children'. I know, I know, I could google it, but I'm feeling especially lazy at the moment haha.

I always just use a throwaway email address for the likes of that.

Check out www.bugmenot.com; it comes in handy when you don't want to register to a website.

Every episode is still available on Hulu...  I would watch from the beginning, as there are quite a few funny ties between episodes.  And no doubt they're drinking the absinthe straight... everyone in ISIS is a drunk  :laugh:

I finally saw this episode, and I can't complain about it. They didn't use fire, they used a proper glass... it wasn't a show on how to prepare absinthe, absinthe was just thrown in there as a minor plot point. The show is hilarious, by the way!

Edited by pt447