SusanCA

found bottle in attic! Seeking advice...

Once again, I'm jealous and excited at the same time! I need to start ransacking old attics across the country so I can join this lucky club!

Nor I. There's bats in attics, too.

I just plan on doing a few month's worth of B&E's looking for specifically these artifacts. ;)

From my discussions with Oxy there was only one bottle of blanche found and it was split between me and another forum member. It wasn't very good and it was unlabeled. Almost no taste.

I'd love to see if we, as a group, can put in to buy this bottle and split it however many times as it takes. Any takers? We shouldn't let this one pass us by!

I mean, clearly it exists. I just didn't know about it!

I'd be interested!

Private collectors don't give a rat's ass about you.

The dirty little seller sitting in the corner counting their gold cares even less.

You guys don't think you're going slightly overboard here?

I strongly doubt this is the first unique bottle that has been purchased by a private collector. On top of that, I would be neither surprised nor offended to learn Oxy has unique bottles in his collection that he has no intention to sell... would any of you?

Well, it's hard to tell exactly what happened since a lot went on privately, but I guess sometimes you just can't count your chickens before they hatch. What would suck is if them chickens were promised to one buyer, but then sold to another.

There was a bottle? :blink: What kind of bottle? :blink: Why wasn't I told? :huh:

I goof off around here all this time and seem to get left out. It happens to me at work also. <shrug>

The seller sought to maximize her revenue from the bottle. What's greedy about that? She doesn't have any obligation at all to sell the bottle for a "reasonable" price, she's perfectly entitled to sell it at a ridiculously high price, if she finds someone who, for what ever reason, is prepared to pay it.

This kind of public or semi-public auction always ends in tears, which is why, while I'll often make an initial offer, if it's not accepted, I don't participate further.

The bottle is very valuable and a very rare find.

Get a few quotes on price before you sell it. (contact " info 'at' oxygenee.com " , he sells a ton of vintage bottles )

The bottle (intact) would sell for 4-6k+ (assuming the contents haven't been destroyed by storage).

The bottle has already been sold. Unfortunately for the seller they accepted a very low bid, half of what WS was willing to pay to get the bottle into the American Absinthe Museum instead of a private collection.

From my discussions with Oxy there was only one bottle of blanche found and it was split between me and another forum member. It wasn't very good and it was unlabeled. Almost no taste.

Jim, that bottle was unlabeled. This is the first bottle of Pernod Fils blanche to surface.

Get a few quotes on price before you sell it. (contact " info 'at' oxygenee.com " , he sells a ton of vintage bottles )

:secret2: