Sign in to follow this  
pt447

This pic offends me...

This picture offends me, because they're actually using the right glass, but still light the sugar on fire. It's like someone desecrating an image I love.

Plus, the little "for extra flare" addendum at the end of the blurb is surely good advice!!!

At least there's some defenders of reason in the response section. I love how there are people who think those of us trying to educate them makes us pretentious elitists... I'd be kind enough to inform someone that a used enema doesn't make the best turkey baster!

Edited by pt447

I agree with you. The picks they recommend for absinthe suits the picture. One exception is the Jade N.O., and maybe the Kübler. I have not tried either of these, so time will tell.

Stumbled onto this thread, and I cant tell you how many people tell me I HAVE to set the sugar on fire. When I correct them and explain that you are just adding a nasty burnt sugar flavor to the drink, the tell me I'm wrong because thats how it was served to them in a bar. I go on to explain, yes if you like the taste by all means do it, but realize it is not necessary. They then insist thats what "activates the psychoactive wormwood". Oi the misinformation that is out there. That when I say if it makes you happy, and just walk away

I don't think I've ever heard the "lighting it on fire activates the wormwood" line... strange as that seems, I don't think I ever have.

I've heard it from time to time for years. I imagine someone had to come up with a practical reason to be doing the thing, since it obviously serves no sensible purpose.

Don't you know you're supposed to hold chocolate and marshmallow above the flame as well? It's delicious when it hits the absinth(e).