Brian Robinson

Might there be a parallel?

Reading this article has left me both shaken and stirred at the recognition that this poor man's on-line community fueled mustard obsession parallels my own unhealthy obsession with paperclips. B)

That's fargin' brilliant.

"It was like waking up from a bad dream," Gibson added. "A bad yellow and brown dream." :cheerz:

Stone's Corollary to Rule 34™: If it exists, there's a forum for it.

You guys do know the Onion is a satire news site right? Their AV club is real...some of what they do is based on real events, but always with a silly slant. Brilliant writing.

Here's one of my favs from them!

Wait. What? The Onion is fake news?!? You're kidding. I don't believe it. Next you'll be telling me that the email forward I just got about waking up in a bathtub full of ice with a note saying that my kidneys have been swiped isn't true either. ;)

I just spent three days waaaaay upstate NY where you could throw a frisbee into Canada. My sense of reality has been shaken...what can I say. Crumbling barns and silos 20 feet away from giant electric generating windmills...a juxstapositon of mind boggling proportions. Greasy diners named "Chez Madeline"

and more camo and hunting rifles than I've ever seen. I mentioned absinthe to two FRIENDS I have up there, and they looked at me like I had 12 heads. After this, The Onion is a Godsend. I love everyone....the people up there are smart and just as important as everyone else...but man, it was different for me. Cheeze whiz and canned vegetables in my omelet at "Chez Madeline" . My kingdom for an IHOP! :twitchsmile:

Edited by sbmac

My condolences. Sounds like you're still a bit shell shocked from that little foray. You're among friends--friends who get satire. Rest easy. :)

I just spent three days waaaaay upstate NY where you could throw a frisbee into Canada.

I heard that a Canadian conspiracy group has been blaming the mysterious frisbee appearances on some sort of CIA "wind drift" testing. I am telling them it's you......

Edited by OneBadPig