Sign in to follow this  
eschatography

LdF's 'Clandestine' La Bleue

I see some mentions of it here and there in various forum topics, but no thread here. I ordered some yesterday (along with a couple of other bottles) and am eagerly waiting to try it.

Had some three different Swiss La Bleues a few years ago that were said to be from Val-de-Travers, one of which was far outstanding to the other two.

Any thoughts from those who have partaken of this one?

I suspect this is the same "Clandestine" that is available from at least two or three other vendors.

Although the labels are different, they're all called "Clandestine" are 53% alcohol and come in a cool translucent blue bottle.

Can anyone confirm?

All of the commerically sold LBs I've seen labeled "clandestine" are from Claude-Alain Bugnon. The 53% is his Charlotte recipe and the 55% is his Marianne recipe. The label may vary slightly by vendor.

So, if there are two different receipes, how can we know which one we are getting? Maybe one vendor gets the Charlotte 53% and another gets the Marianne 55%, if that's the case I would like to have both.

The two recipes are pretty similar. Since LdF is selling the 53%, I would assume that it is the Charlotte. Markus also carries the "clandesine" although you can check with him first to verify the specific recipe.

I don't know of any top vendors selling the Marianne.

Alandia sells the Marianne. Alandia themselves call it "Absinthe Francosuisse", but the bottle in the picture is the Bugnon Clandestine Marianne, and the Mariannne recipe is described in the blurb about it.

And to think that some collector paid 20K for those shorts. :shock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_Wells

In April 2005, according to Forbes Collector, Wells personally consigned for sale, via an auction house in Beverly Hills called Profiles in History, her original gingham blouse and shorts ensemble from her signature role. The winning bid for the Mary Ann Summers outfit from Gilligan's Island was a whopping $20,700.

:angry2: argh! Plunger, ya beat me to it...

It sounds interesting that the over-sweetness is neutralized by the higher proof. I love this la Bleue and had wished that it was a little stronger and less sweet, so now I have it.

:cheers:

Sorry bud, had to post fast :P . This is my favorite absinthe. Don't know when I'll get to try this newer version, although it sounds interesting. I just hope Claude is'nt becoming a whore; making whatever and sacrificing quality for mass product produced for Alandia. I doubt that's the case; I'm just mad there is something else I have to try to get my hands on. I have the newer Franco-suisse which is still unopened. Then there's that BvF 60.. :wacko: