mkblack

Introduction

Hello everyone. My name is Mark and I live in the DC area. I have been enjoying absinthe since the late 90's.

This year at the Pennisc War I hosted my 2nd annual absinthe party. (Not very "period" but a damn good excuse for a party) I served up one bottle of Kallnacher, one bottle of Kübler, and two bottles of Un Emile 68. I have no idea how many people came through the party (I was busy serving) but we killed all but half of the Kübler, which I had set aside when I saw that it was going fast. The party was a big success.

I look forward to chatting with you all.

Mk.

Oh I knew about tha SCA thing alright, but was always amused by it.

I did re-enactment in the Netherlands as well.. but it was a pain trying to spun my own wool to make my clothing.. The authenticity in the group I was in really counted, and when the weather was bad (hot, because of the wool.. or rainy, because of the wool again) it just sucked.

Last nights episode of King of the Hill was "Joust Like a Woman". They were at a renfair and Peggy was trying to organize all the "wenches" that were working there. It kinda made me glad that I didn't go to the Maryland renfair this year.

I did the same thing back in the early 80's. Never made it to Pennsic though. I still make mead occasionally when I can find cheap honey. (any good leads in the Puget area would be appreciated)

Welcome Mark! :cheers:

Welcome Mark! Good to hear from someone else in the DC area. I've been to one renfair..a tourist trap. Lets get together and have a drink sometime :cheers:

I haven't tried oak wine, but thanks for jogging my fading memory...there's an oak aged mead being released soon at our local meadery, and I wouldn't want to miss it. :cheers: