Jack Griffin

Newest batch of Meadow of Love

Man, this is nice stuff. Just had two glasses, and posted a review. Cheryl, you did well here.

Nice to meet another alchemist! (My medium is tonewood, not spirits)

Get some of this guys...it is really special. :cheers:

I bought the set from Catskill Cellars that has Meadow of Love and Walton Waters. I tried Meadow of Love and I'm in love with it! I have yet to break open the Walton Waters though.

Thanks for the wake up call, Scott. :cheers:

It's been far too long, mostly because Cheryl herself had commented quite awhile back that she was having trouble gathering enough violet to allow MoL to be as fragrant as it once was. Hopefully, that's in the past, and, if so, I definitely need to stock up again.

Thanks for the wake up call, Scott. :cheers:

It's been far too long, mostly because Cheryl herself had commented quite awhile back that she was having trouble gathering enough violet to allow MoL to be as fragrant as it once was. Hopefully, that's in the past, and, if so, I definitely need to stock up again.

Like Meatbag, I too bought the 2-bottle set of WW and MoL (about 3 weeks ago), and on the plus side Absomphe, I can tell you that it definitely has a full measure of violet. In fact, it was too heavy with violet immediately out of the bottle for me and my girl's taste and tasted somewhat plasticky, but after resting opened for a couple of weeks, it's balanced out very nicely.

Thanks, Jay.

When I order a couple, I'll be sure to let 'em breathe for awhile, then. :cheers:

Edited by Absomphe

Thanks for the tip Jay. Good to know. Thankfully I have aged lucid, beet and grape flavored, to keep me going when my DP twins arrive.

Edited by Miguel

Thanks for the tip Jay. Good to know. Thankfully I have aged lucid, beet and grape flavored, to keep me going when my DP twins arrive.

While I'd like to play the part of Bill Murray in Lost in Translation, I see what you did there, Miguel :devil:

The trick to aging is to drink a couple of glasses to allow some air in, and put in the back of a dark closet for a few months or years. I think old time absnthe makers used oxygen to promote aging.

I just lightly aged some NO (a few months), and it is a good bit smoother.

The trick to aging is to drink a couple of glasses to allow some air in, and put in the back of a dark closet for a few months or years.
A bottle doesn't get the chance to age much more than a week around me. :secret2:

Well, I usually get three bottles at a time, then have a glass of each each evening. So if I'm a good boy they will last about a month. But I'm hardly a good boy when it comes to my absinthe :devil:

Edited by Songcatcher

Like wise. But with a six pack you can get some aging in. Fir me NO is special day booze, so it is easier to age. The jades seem to really take to aging.

Just received my second order from Catskill.in the last 30 days..Blues Cat and Meadow of Love. :thumbup:

Edited by oglala56

Just received my second order from Catskill.in the last 30 days..Blues Cat and Meadow of Love. :thumbup:

Oh, rock on!! May need a road trip to see them next month!! :cheers:

Holy crap! I can't believe I fell in love with the other stuff! Damn, I need to dump everything but this! ;) OK, not dump - just save the other swill for guests. Nothing but MoL for me!!

MoL2.JPG

Congratulations in choosing the red bottle top, you have joined the wallet thinning madness outside the Matrix, the rabbit hole just gets deeper and deeper now.

Holy crap! I can't believe I fell in love with the other stuff! Damn, I need to dump everything but this! ;) OK, not dump - just save the other swill for guests. Nothing but MoL for me!!

MoL2.JPG

Don't speak too soon my friend, I just walked that same path a few weeks ago. Just wait until you try some Walton Waters.

I'm pretty excited about all the different offerings we have available to us. Ridge is next on my list.

Welcome to the Rabbit Hole, enjoy your stay. Although you should try some of the other characters bouncing around. :dev-cheers: